Crash to desktop

alext3

Just reinstalled the game got the patch and new roster update and installed the universal grass changer from this site. When I play in owners mode the game loads, and just when intro to the game I am about to play, it crashes to desktop....help!!!!

Do some reading about this new EA patch on the forums because it kinda sounds like alot of things might not be modable. I am going to wait before I mess my game up with this patch. It looks like its more than just a roster update???

Check the downloads you might be able to just install patch 1,2,or 3

Any luck getting it resolved?

I'm at a loss here.

I played 2005 before in owner mode, but I think I just simmed games then. Anways, I've searched and searched for a answer but have yet to find one. Before I start, I do own the game and have so since the 2003 version. I have a Radeon 9800, running XP SP2, CPU is I think 3.0 MHZ AMD with 1 GM Ram.

I go into owner mode and try and play my first game and it crashed with the famous mvp2005.exe error. It crashes as its about halfway loading the game. I've tested it with no patch, patch 2, patch 3 and patch 4 - all the same issues. I've installed no MODS. However, it works fine in exhibition and dynasty modes.

Hopefully this isn't a isolated error. I'm going completing reload my CPU if I can't find a resolve shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having a problem with the game crashing to the desktop when trying to go to either dynasty or owner mode. It would only do this after installing patch 4 and then importing .dat files from mvp edit. So it seems that there is something other than a roster update in the patch as MrMariner suggests.

But I found a rather simple way around it if you still want the updated rosters, but nothing else:

First, install patch 4, then import the .dat files to MVP edit making sure to replace the attrib.bat file with the one that Tony3 had made, or else you'll get that 3163 run-time error. Save the .mbe. Uninstall and re-install the game, patch up to patch 3, and then export the previously saved .mbe. Voila!

I hope this helps anybody with the same problem. Then I won't feel like such a moocher to this site. Seriously, you guys are great at what you do and it's much appreciated.

Archived