xbox 360 controller for windows

satyr9

Hi there,

I was reading online how microsoft wants to make their xbox 360 controller, the standard gamepad for pc games, since it only requires drivers to be used on a pc. I was wondering if anyone knew or had tried out whether it works with MVP 2005.

Hi there,

I was reading online how microsoft wants to make their xbox 360 controller, the standard gamepad for pc games, since it only requires drivers to be used on a pc. I was wondering if anyone knew or had tried out whether it works with MVP 2005.

haven't tried it for sure, but if EA is up to their old tricks...by only supporting logitech, then you might have to do the registry hack to trick MVP into thinking that the xbox controller is a logitech rumblepad or whatever.

and even after you do this, you might have to reasign some buttons...

Thanks D_U.

I actually just saw in the general discussions, someone saying they've used it for this game already. I'll try when I get home today, but if it doesn't work I may come back and ask you for a link on how to do the registry hack.

Also, for anyone else thinking about buying this controller be warned that any xbox 360 controller is windows compatible. Stores are supposed to sell the controllers packaged for windows at the same price as the regular controller, but so far they are charging more. Best Buy is an extra five bucks. The only difference between the two is packaging and the drivers for the pc come on a disc, but you can download the drivers from microsoft and save the money.

Archived