How do I delete entries from Models.big ?

stecropper

What tool(s) other than BIGGUI can be used to delete entries from the Models.big file and are there any instructions or examples on how to use it to delete entries?

With BIGGUI it seems it corrupt the Models.big file when used to simply delete entries.

I am trying to delete some existing cyberface entries to make room ( to stay under the igxpak 3000 limit ) to add additional cyberfaces.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Don

Hey Don - you can still have more than 3000 files in your models.big. You'll just need to add faces with EAGE. However, I think MVP Studio uses gfxpak so I'm not sure if you can add unis or not. Maybe Kraw and FuzZ can get together on that one

Hey there Bigbully,

Hope you're doing well. Man, dem Tigers lost another heartbreaker today vs UConn ---- exciting season with all these narrow loses ..... I was in Atlanta for the Peach Bowl --- that was a real kick in pants ......

Thanks for the insight --- I am aware that models.big can be larger than 3000 for the games sake but since MVPStudio uses igfpak I try to stay under that limit since I use MVPStudio quite a bit.

Looks like krawhitham might have a solution for that 3000 limit with MVPEdit which would be fantastic.

Hope you are doing well and we need to have a pop together soon in Red Stick - maybe may a Tiger Baseball game at the Box this year !

Take Care,

Don

eazip will delete files in BIG archive BUT I do not know it is also corrupts the files

Fifafs will delete files without corrupting the BIG file I sure of that, fifafs is slow. It pulls all the files out of a big file, it deletes the one you do not want and then creates a new BIG file with the same name.

fifafs -d FILENAME.big c001.fsh

this is why my MVPedit fix is an alpha release, I do not know if EAzip causes any damage to the big files

opps

fifafs -del FILENAME.big c001.fsh
-del NOT -d
Main usage:

fifaFS.exe <script file>					execute fifaFS script

Working with BIGs:

fifaFS.exe -a <bigfile> <filename> [-c]	 add file into bigfile

fifaFS.exe -r <bigfile> <filename> [-c]	 replace file in bigfile

fifaFS.exe -ar <bigfile> <filename> [-c]	add or replace file in bigfile

fifaFS.exe -e <bigfile> <filename>		  export file from bigfile

fifaFS.exe -del <bigfile> <filename>		delete file from bigfile

fifaFS.exe -createbig <bigfile> [filename]  create new big with file added