fastball movement

Jags

When I first started messing with pitch rpm's, If I increased the 4-seam fastball rpm I could give it "hop" because in the game the fastball would rotate 12-6 untill half way to the plate and then rotate 6-12, giving it the "hop" movement. The breaking pitches in the game work the same way, first rotating the "wrong" way then switching to the correct rotation half way to the plate thus giving pitches a sharp "break".

However now I have noticed that the 4-seamers rotate 6-12 immediately, therefore not allowing the "hop" movement.

Does anyone know how to change this in the datafile, or was this just a change made in the second patch that can no longer be changed?

I have found that creating break is caused in the game when the average rpm of a pitch is above 1200 rpm. This causes the pitch to first rotate the opposite direction, then at a certain distance it will switch to the "correct" rotation. The higher the average rpm, the closer to the batter the switch will occur, therefore giving the effect of a later sharper break.

This applies to all pitches and can be used to make a 4-seamer "jump" near the plate.

Archived