2 important mvpedit batter questions

RobMac

Hey.. im gonna adjust my roster for my own dynasty using mvpedit which i just downloaded... it looks easy to use so i have a couple of areas id like some advice on before starting to prevent hopefully hours of testing heh

1) Homeruns

hot and cold zones + speed of pitch faced aside (lets assume we're talking fastballs in the redzone or any other consistant pitch) i hope im right in saying there are 3 factors that affect homerun %... contact / power and the hidden HR setting

are the numbers for the HR setting as well as the chase/take/miss numbers out of 20?

what effect does each of the three factors i mentioned have on homeruns... and how much does a single point rise have on homerun%...

if i want a certain guy to hit more homeruns would i just have to put the homerun number up... or power too? and how many would i have to put them up in your opinion... does putting homerun up just a single point have any effect or should it be going up 5 points at time etc?

2) batter patience (this is the main one)

plate discipline... is this the stat im after? im fed up of batters not taking strikes in situations you would expect them to not swing at the first 3 pitches... should i simply but batter patience up 5 on each batter? (is that the right number? has anyone tried using these values before?)

does that have the right effect, or should i pay more attention to the chase/take/miss numbers... plate discipline is a much less ardous job to do for every batter so if that has at least some effect then ill be happy...

hoping for some answers here to any of those questions :)

ah... well i find i can put the homerun% to practically anything.... am i right in thinking this actually is a homerun% and it can be between 1-100 and if its 5 % then it means 1 in 20 bats on average would be a homerun?

k... well ive got an update... ive been messing around with it and worked out how to import my editted rosters which answers a question i asked elsewhere...

i also used the global edit to put every batter's patience at the plate up to 15 and in a practice game i just played backett gave up 6 hits, 4 walks and more importantly... batters took the first strike thrown almost 80% of the time... the ones they hit were all mistake balls... beckett came out in the 7th after throwing over 100 pitches :D

but back to the home runs... i am really keen to get my roster set before i start a dynasty... i put all the main lefty's of the bosox with 20 extra home run points in the mvpedit screen and left power alone... i managed to hit a HR with ortiz which was pleasing... it only just crossed the wall though... but still, first HR ive hit with a lefty in ages...

doesnt anyone know what affect the homerun number have as opposed to simply power? and what is a fair increase in either number (probably the homerun number) to give to lefty's for this to equal out the bug?

im desperate to get on with my dynasty... so... good luck 8)

if you turn cpu batting contact to -25 they will take most first pitches as well. also, do you not have the pc version? i have had zero problems hitting homeruns with anyone since the 2nd patch.

yea... ive got cpu contact down too... but i could still get through some innings with 5 pitches... sometimes i could just pitch some high curve balls and get 3 fly outs... so i wanted to erradicate that kinda guilty feeling from it completely

and i had to get the game on import as it wasnt released here and the patch didnt work... so ill just find out (hopefully) what rating to use thenm employ it and itll make the game fair enough to play

(i used to just up power for lefty's by editing them in game... it produced lefty homers with good effect but it would mess up the hot cold zones)

ah... well i find i can put the homerun% to practically anything.... am i right in thinking this actually is a homerun% and it can be between 1-100 and if its 5 % then it means 1 in 20 bats on average would be a homerun?

30% Fly ball

25% line drive

so 55% of all balls hit are in the air, and 5% of those balls hit fair should be a HRs

at least that is the way I saw it

well from a practical sense, that sounds like it would work... if anyone who knows im more detail could confirm then great... but if your right then this is what i thought...

at the moment (and using figures from console users complaining at EA incesently) there seems to be rightys leading teams with HR's on 20 at a point of the season when lefty's have 4 or 5... which means righty's have 4 HR's for every 1 lefty HR

so im probably right in thinking that i shoukld change the figures so that all the lefty's HR figure is multiplied by 4 and they have 4 times more HR's on the season?

rate my logic lol i was never great at math

Archived