For anyone using jeb68's schedule length mod

aodaniel

I'm curious to know if anyone has used jeb68's schedule mod to play a shortened season in Dynasty mode and if there were any problems with anything. I'd especially like to know if the stats for CPU teams were in line with a normal season and not skewed in some way.

there seems to be both extremes of the spectrum... 15 day schedule might be fun but it isnt a very realistic dynasty feeling to it...

does anyone know of any chance of there being a schedule editor or something close to 100 games or maybe just half the length of the normal season

RobMac,

From looking at the method used to modify the season length, I think you can make it any length you want. You just have to find the date in the schedule where the 100th game is played and mod the schedule to that point.

The thing I don't like about this is that you are always playing x number of games from the beginning of the season instead of playing 100 games from throughout the full season schedule. I would rather eliminate some games out of each month instead of eliminating the last 2 or 3 months of the season entirely. Plus, the number of times you play the various teams isn't proportional to a full season, and interleague play will not happen if your season doesn't make it to that point in the full schedule.

I don't have the time to play 162 games myself and I hate to sim games because I want to be the reason the my teams stats fall like they do.

Dilemma.

well im not sure how much work this is... but dependant on one factor, a simple solution would be to simply delete the first (or 3rd or 2nd, whatever) game in every single series...

that was a third of the games a removed creating a realistic season spanning just over 100 games... or someone wants they could maybe delete both the 2nd and 3rd games and then have a season of around 55 games...

BUT

4 game series are spread all around the league

does anyone know if it is a fact that the MLB give every team the same ammount of 4 game series throughout the season?

that way the last 2 games of every 4 game series could be deleted and every team still plays same ammount of games

I wonder how hard it is to go in and edit out various dates throughout. If you take out a game or two per series base on the schedule for your team, it's likely that many of the other teams won't play the same number of games since off days are different for every team. Not sure how this can be overcome since you can't edit each team's schedule individually. I'm not sure how editing up to a certain date like jeb68 does guarantees all teams play the same number of games either.

Any thoughts?

I thought he also had instructions for a 30 or 60 day schedule. Did you download the mod or edit the file yourself. Maybe he hadn't looked at the 30 and 60 day schedule enough to know if there were conflicts. Not sure what to do.

Archived