Can you Further Edit Sliders?

And by this I mean... is it possible to edit a datafile somewhere so that your sliders can go beyond the -50 to 50 range?

I'm playing on MVP right now. I never really had problems with it before. However, once I downloaded the MVP 06 mod, I'm getting hammered. Too hammered. Like, before I played without any pitch indicators at all and had my pitch meter at -50 and my pitch control at like -30, and I got pretty good games. Now I've had to turn the pitch control on fade, throw the pitch meter to 0 and the pitch control back to 0.

I realize the new datafile in the '06 mod probably made the game a lot harder.

However, I'm starting to get really frustrated. Despite the computer being on -50 contact and -50 power, they're just absolutely destroying my pitchers. I'd say I give up like 4-5 HRs a game.

Now, please... spare me with comments like "you suck," or "get better," becuase I don't think I'm bad. Not that I care.

So what should I do? Should I bump it down to All-Star or something? I've usually found that when I don't play on the hardest difficulty, it's slightly more realistic but it's -alot- easier. And it's not things that sliders can fix. Just like, pitchers not being as agressive, not locating as well, etc... Like in Madden: no amount of slider tweaking can make the second-highest comparable to All-Madden, because the defenses just react quicker to jukes and such.

So, is it possible to edit their power to even lower than -50? I know that sounds reallly whimpy, but I know it will still be a challenge.

It's just stupid seeing Randy Johnson's 99 MPH fastball being taken deep 4 times a game by guys like Milton Bradley and Jason Michaels.

One thing I want to add is that my pitch speed is at 50. If it's any lower it will be way too easy.

I can't remember if it was this game or not... but I remember that there was a game where the higher you put the pitch speed, the more it affected the phsyics of the game (so the faster you pitched the harder balls were hit...etc).

I kinda like what these modders did with the pitching, it feels more realistic. After playing lasts year i would never give up walks but now i give up a couple a game. The pitch difficulty i use is -50, i lose alot of games but thats ok cause i'm just trying to get ready for the regular season so i gatta get timing down with the hitting and work on pitching better. Having harder pitching makes you pay attention more...keeps you on your nerves so its more fun.

Yeah, I realize that. I love the fact that you can throw walks now. In fact, months ago pitching was too easy... even on -50 meter difficulty and -30, or so, control. I edited the datafile so that the pitch meter was smaller.

This mod basically does what I did.

Now... I'm glad pitching is harder... but that doesn't change the fact that the hitters are so damned powerful!

Yeah the CPU hitting is better especially their power but i adjusted the sliders for the CPU contact to 10 and power to 5 at the All Star level. They will still get about 8-12 hits a game and about a home run a game which seems a little more realistic but its still a work in progress.

Archived