MVP 06 Upgrade will not extract

adrake

I cannot extract all the files for MVP 06: MLB for the PC - Livin' Large OR for MVP 06: MLB for the PC - In Like Flint. I get a "error #: 25111, error: bad block. I have tried re-downloading both of these a few times and I have tried using winzip and winace but I cannot get the files to extract. Any ideas?

I would really appreciate the help...thanks!!!

Oh, sorry...I tried WinRar also.

I do not know what PAR2 files are though. Is that something that can help me?

Thanks for your response

download quickpar and install it

http://www.quickpar.org.uk/

I will make a par2 file for LL and ILF

par2 files will fix bad download

you need the main download (LL or ILF) in the same folder as the par2 file, double click the par2 file, it will scan the main file and attempt to fix it (if it is not too badly screwed).

It will take me 30-60 minutes to make the files and upload them

I will post a link when down

I'm sorry, but I still cannot figure out how to make this work. I hate to be a bother but I can't get this to work

Here is what I did:

I right clicked on the LL par2 file and saved it. Then I opened it and Quickpar said I need 376 more blocks. I don't know how to show you that screen unless i use printscreen. So I made a printscreen of what I saw but I cannot attatch a Word file so I don't know how to show it to you.

Then, to try further, I selected "New," then "Add Files," and I added the file "MVP06-LL" followed by selecting "create. Several Files were created and I then selected "Verify." At this point the screen I got seemed promissing. It now said "Repair Not Needed." So I tried to open the file MVP06-LL and it once again had an error extracting. The file I'm refering to is the MVP06-LL with the Green notepad thing next to it. I would have included a print screen of this as well, but I couldn't attatch a word file.

I had similar results when I tried using "ILF par2," except I had fewer missing blocks. Once again though, the file would not extract just like it wouldn't with the"LL Par2" file.

Am I missing anything that you think of?

I really appreciate any help I get on this.

Thanks to your help I got it to work. You got me thinking of using a differnt download manager and since I had no clue how to use getflash, I used Getright and the file downloaded correctly this time. Before, the LL.rar file was only 130 MB, but after downloading it with Getright it downloaded at 572 MB.

You can d/l Getright here: http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/127298-4834/getrt52d.exe

Thanks again for helping me

Archived