Newbie "Stutter Question"

Damanjinx

I am still having some stuttering also...I have tried everything. I installed all the right patches, my video card and cpu are very high end. I just don't get it. I am getting so frustrated. It gets worse when more people are on base. When the bases are loaded, it's horrible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have spent countless hours on these boards looking for help, but there are so many different posts about this problem, it's hard to find one specific thread about it.

If it helps you feel better I get the same thing myself. I have all the right patches a top notch computer more than capable of handling the game, great video card and I have the same thing at times. As you said, worse when runners on base, it's not horrible stutter but just enough to make the pitching meter hard to hit (and I have the original datafile back in), and makes it hard to hit at times. Always seems to happen at the most inopportune times (right about to swing or hit the pitch button or throw across the diamond or in from outfield).

This should fix your problems .. hopefully

Uninstall everything, delete your entire ea sports directory.

Reinstall the game, patch with the official patch #3 from EA.

Reinstall mvp 06 mod

This will basically leave the game only with a MINOR stutter when throwing to first base from infield, (usually I only stutter now when making an out .... doesnt really matter if i throw to first base, i can even tag the player with the glove etc, always a slight stutter on the out)

If you want to solve the minor stutter issue I just talked above in the paragraph above, apply the test06.exe thing, which will apply all the old uniforms. This left me 100% stutter free, but I don't use it because I like the new uniforms and I can live with the very very minor stutter I now have. But if you want no stutter at all, just install test06 and you'll have old uniforms and hopefully 0 stutter.

This should fix your problems .. hopefully

Uninstall everything, delete your entire ea sports directory.

Reinstall the game, patch with the official patch #3 from EA.

Reinstall mvp 06 mod

This will basically leave the game only with a MINOR stutter when throwing to first base from infield, (usually I only stutter now when making an out .... doesnt really matter if i throw to first base, i can even tag the player with the glove etc, always a slight stutter on the out)

If you want to solve the minor stutter issue I just talked above in the paragraph above, apply the test06.exe thing, which will apply all the old uniforms. This left me 100% stutter free, but I don't use it because I like the new uniforms and I can live with the very very minor stutter I now have. But if you want no stutter at all, just install test06 and you'll have old uniforms and hopefully 0 stutter.

When I made my post about slight stutter I had already installed all of those things as well that you mentioned so that doesn't fix it completely. Like I said though, it's just slight stutter, but thanks for the try anyway. Maybe it'll help the others though.

If you're experiencing slight stutter after all the patches and quick fixes, don't forget to defragment your hard disk and scan for malware if you haven't.

I had recently dealt worked with some huge files on my hard disk and started to get a slight stutter that I never experienced before...I defraged the hard disk and it was gone.

If you're experiencing slight stutter after all the patches and quick fixes, don't forget to defragment your hard disk and scan for malware if you haven't.

I had recently dealt worked with some huge files on my hard disk and started to get a slight stutter that I never experienced before...I defraged the hard disk and it was gone.

Good idea. Unfortunately I run a scan disk and defrag every other week so that shouldn't cause it either. Also run Reg Cleaner, System Mechanic, Registry Mechanic, and Spybot S&D about every 3-4 days too. :)

Good idea though.

Thanks for the post! I have been tweaking my recent computer upgrade and kept seeing stutters in this game, but not in Far Cry!!!

ALSO, SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED ON THIS MOD! This is great! Glad I stumbled upon it. I have been a loyal PC BB fan for many years! Back from the C64 days!

Archived