Improve my A's (updated rosters)

Rags

starting over for the new year with the oakland A's, on MVP difficulty

BUDGET - 91.6 million

BANK - 9.5 million

PENALTIES - 800k

RECORD = 6-2 leading the AL west currently with 2 game losing streak

TEAM RANKINGS = 25th in pitching, 7th in hitting, 4th in fielding, 11th in speed

Starting Lineup

C - Jason Kendall (on disabled list)

SS - Bobby Crosby

CF - Mark Kotsay

3B - Eric Chavez

DH - Frank Thomas

2B - Marco Scutaro

1B - Dan Johnson

LF - Milton Bradley

RF - Nick Swisher

Bench

2b - mark ellis

3b - keith ginter

lf - bobby kielty

lf - charles thomas

c - adam melhuse

c - alberto castillo (while kendall is out)

Starting Rotation

Barry Zito (0.00 ERA in two starts)

Rich Harden (5.25 ERA in two starts)

Joe Kennedy (4.97 ERA in two starts)

Joe Blanton (1.50 ERA in 1 start)

Estaban Loiza (0.60 ERA in 2 starts)

Bullpen (has not given up a run in 6 games!)

Danny Haren

Kirk Saarloos

Ricardo Rincon (my only ML lefty)

Keiichi Yabu

Juan Cruz

Huston Street (on disabled list)

NOTABLES in the minors

FIELDERS

Jay Payton

PITCHERS

Dan Meyer

Jairo Garcia

Mike Hawkins (sidearm lefty)

plus i have 4 and 5 start fielding prospects that i signed from free agency, my minor league system will produce greatness in a few years...minor league pitching may still be somewhat weak

WHERE do i improve? I was thinking of creating and signing Matsuzaka to boost the rotation, the RH japanese pitcher

I could move swisher to 1B, and pickup a better outfielder...I could also leave swisher and look for a better 1b

I would like to get rid of frank thomas, and loiza

I need a good hitter vs LHP, I could actually use another eric chavez because kotsay isn't really the ideal #3 hitter altho he's working out for me

2B is another hole I have with only marco scutaro and mark ellis...scutaro would do for now but he's not quite a star to say the least

I'm looking to keep this somewhat realistic so i'm probably not gonna make a billion moves, just interested in what others would do....I'm not against trading for older players as I have a pretty solid farm system, it doesn't have to be nothing but youth youth youth

btw, i have ALOT of players on the last year of their contract so I don't expect to hit the 92 million budget, ill need alot of money to resign my players

kotsay, durazo, zito, kennedy to name a few , but its really the majority of my team excluding harden and chavez who are locked up for a while

I had a A's dy-NASTY for 2 yrs. This is what i did. First off i was playing with UR 4.72... Get rid of durazo keenedy yabu and loaiza. I traded away them. I brought up Jario Garcia, Randy Flors, and Dan Meyer. Your should have a good hitting minors. So it alright to lose a few hitters. One of my main pick-ups was getting Luis Soto from the redsox...single A. In yr 2 he was my starter in CF. Ryan Webb and Dalas Brading?sp are goin to be studs....KEEP THEM. Sign them up for a while...so is brad knox, he was in my bull pen i n yr 2. If i was u i would go d-load UR 5.2 n play from there. Or get soriano's, just doesnt have minors. I was playing on Xbox BTW.

why did you get rid of kennedy? he's rated great in this game...

and are ryan webb and dallas brading in the A's organization or the sox

also what to do with frank thomas, he's just wasting away in the minors....what to do with nick swisher? move him to 1b or leave em in RF

I plan on signing kotsay to play CF for me for the next 3 or 4 seasons

Kennedy bacause of the $. Get rid of him for someone cheap, then sign Zito. Ryan webb n dalas bradin are in ur system. UR 4.72 for xbox did not have frank on it. I kept swisher in RF. Now that i think about it i would trade frank for someone because u have daric barton in the minors who is very good. Great Potential.

For the love of God, make Ellis your starting 2b! I will be starting my dynasty with the As April 1st, and there is a world of differences between yours and what mine will be:

-Haren #3 starter

-starting lineup:

-Kotsay CF

-Ellis 2B

-Chavez 3B

-Thomas DH

-Swisher RF

-Johnson 1B

-Bradley LF

-Crosby SS

-Kendall C

-Ginter in AAA

-Kennedy in the bullpen

-UPDATE YOUR ROSTERS. Yabu is with Colorado, Rincon with the Cardinals

-Where's Duchscherer?

Either you're really good or you have easy sliders, because to have a 0 ERA with Zito through 2 starts in MVP difficulty is no small task. I don't see myself making a lot of moves, the A's are pretty set for pitching and their lineup is damn good. Good luck with your Dynasty.

For the love of God, make Ellis your starting 2b! I will be starting my dynasty with the As April 1st, and there is a world of differences between yours and what mine will be:

-Haren #3 starter

-starting lineup:

-Kotsay CF

-Ellis 2B

-Chavez 3B

-Thomas DH

-Swisher RF

-Johnson 1B

-Bradley LF

-Crosby SS

-Kendall C

-Ginter in AAA

-Kennedy in the bullpen

-UPDATE YOUR ROSTERS. Yabu is with Colorado, Rincon with the Cardinals

-Where's Duchscherer?

Either you're really good or you have easy sliders, because to have a 0 ERA with Zito through 2 starts in MVP difficulty is no small task. I don't see myself making a lot of moves, the A's are pretty set for pitching and their lineup is damn good. Good luck with your Dynasty.

ginter and scutaro are rated alot better then ellis, definetly offensively and i believe defensively too...they're all about 70 speed

i dont use the updated rosters here cause i dont have action replay or anyway to get them...my rosters are the last EA update, and then I manually made most of the BIG trades and free agent signings....

I am good, i was #2 on xbox live for the longest time "JABOFN", i'm probably still in the top 100 even tho i haven't played live in forever, I can hit a fastball out to all fields :)

I don't have any sliders except i have all the injuries up 5 points, and I have user steal speed up 4 points

mvp and madden are the only games i play, and I've already given up on the NCAA game, its just not fun to me with fake players

Duchscherer is in AAA

and like i said haren and i don't mix well so he's in the pen for the time being and it's working out that way

i'm interested in trading for Griffey and Utley...just one not both...utley would play 1st or 2nd....and then if I got griffey he would DH and play the corner OF's....I didn't know durazo went to texas so I'm wanting one more offensive stick to make up for him, and i just dont like frank thomas lol

let me also add that i have not edited any players other then i created the seattle mariners new catcher

aside from that everyone's got the EA sports stats

what do you all think of me Creating that pitcher from Japan and signing him to a lengthy deal? I'd be using fanfaregames.com CAP for him

ok now I shipped rincon, durazo and yabu away to their new teams

i now have frank thomas taking durazo's place as the DH :(

I called up LHP Mike Hawkins from AAA to take Rincon's place

and i also had no choice but to call up jairo garcia a little early (he'll only be up for aabout two weeks until huston street recovers from injury)

so the new lineup

Starting Lineup

C - Jason Kendall (on disabled list)

SS - Bobby Crosby

CF - Mark Kotsay

3B - Eric Chavez

DH - Frank Thomas/Keith Ginger vs LHP

2B - Marco Scutaro

1B - Dan Johnson

LF - Milton Bradley

RF - Nick Swisher

Bench

2b - mark ellis

3b - keith ginter

lf - bobby kielty

lf - charles thomas

c - adam melhuse

c - alberto castillo (while kendall is out)

Starting Rotation

Barry Zito (0.00 ERA in two starts)

Rich Harden (5.25 ERA in two starts)

Joe Kennedy (4.97 ERA in two starts)

Joe Blanton (1.50 ERA in 1 start)

Estaban Loiza (0.60 ERA in 2 starts)

Bullpen (has not given up a run in 6 games!)

Danny Haren

Kirk Saarloos

Juan Cruz

Huston Street (on disabled list)

Jairo Garcia

Mike Hawkins (sidearm lefty)

my oakland A's pitching is ranked 30th in the league and now my AAA pitching got alot thinner too now ranked 24th...i got some room to pick up a free agent or trade if i want....

16.7million in free cap room now (up about 7 million before getting rid of durazo, yabu, rincon)...

The pickups i'm thinking about are the Japanese free agent pitcher, and a trade for either ken griffey or chase utley

first game back with the new squad i drop 5-4

loaiza gave up 5 in his first two innings, and i think my records now 7-3....the bullpen still hasn't given up a run in 10 games!

i think i might run a mini-dynasty, who here has the best one to use as a guideline? I'm not gonna do all the fictional articles but i might leave some random season summaries, updates on batting avg's, wins, era's, records and all that good stuff

Archived