Major Fenway Flaw w/ banner

Dan21tn

The stop n shop banner really rules (as I am from mass it reminds me of being home =] )

But when I face a left handed pitcher in batter 1 view, its nearly impossible to hit the ball because when the pitcher releases the stop n shop banner is right where his hand is ... especially for left handed pitcher vs left handed batter. You can't see the ball at all untill its almost right on top of you

Is there any way to manuelly move the banner myself? This is a very minor operation I am sure I just have 0 clue where to start to move it manuelly, is this possible? All it needs is to be moved a few feet to the right and the game would be 100% perfect for me =/ Any ideas? This problem really makes fenway a chore to play in.

By the way I located the fenway night and day .big files but I have no idea how to edit the stop n shop advertisement inside them. If anyone can help me I'd be so thankful!

I don't mean to sound ungreatful this mod is great, its just really hard to hit anything from a left hand bitcher with my left hand hitters (nixon/ortiz), that stop n shop banner is really making it hard to see that ball coming to the plate.

Again if anyone can tell me how to move the stop n shop banner a few feet I'd be so happy lol = ) Thanks guys.

*EDIT* I gave this an honest shot , tried to open the .big fenway files with hexeditor and I just stared at lines of code in fear lol, no idea what to do with any of this code. I am not a very smart guy obviously ; ) Just figured I'd shout that I did try myself but neways time to sleep! Dang code owns me.

As the creator of this mod I just thought I'd inform you about the ad. It is one long part with the Stop and Shop, Giant Glass and Nikon and Comcast ads. I don't think there is enough room in the .bmp to move it over so the best thing to do is to remove it if it is really causing a problem. You can do this by taking the alpha file and blacking out the white area that represents it. The garage doors are placed incorrectly in the game so that was the only place I could put the ad and have it be somewhat correct. Now that I know how to edit collision data I may try to move the doors to their proper location with my update this season.

Awesome thank you very much guys, scouring the downloads section for oedit now ; )

Thanks again and thank you for a great mod : )

I tried using Oedit it only supports opening of .o files so I renamed my stadium to .o (a copy) for fun to see if it'd work, no luck

I am trying to use the pirates oedit tutorial but the .doc won't open in wordpad at all, opens in notepad but its not very legible.

Any ideas? Sorry I am so new to all this.

I did a search for .o files in the mvp directory and got like 9 of them found, but their all like weird images ... 1 is the train in a certain stadium, the other a blimp, no banners or anything like that.

This pirate tutorial document is really to complex for me ... I found the stop n shop banner under the fenwnite.big / craw32.fsh / stcs .... no idea what to do now

I am really trying but this tutorial is just not explaining it for my dumb ****, please can anyone help? This is to frustrating lol, thanks =/

As I stated above OEditing the banner is not recommended unless you want to move all those other ads out of position. If that doesn't bother you than go ahead and do it otherwise the best solution is to eliminate the ad completley. To do this you need to unpack the stadium using gfxpak, use nfshtool to unpack the cram32. Edit the alpha .bmp with the Stop and Shop ad to black out the area that represents it. Resize and save for each mipmap and then repack.

Ok I figured out how to extract the fsh file to get all the little bmps .... and I am assuming I edit the largest bmp with the stop n shop logo (theres 5 with them total each differs in quality)

So I am editing the best looking one ... but what do you mean by Resize and save each mipmap then repack? You gotta remember I don't mod man, I am real sorry just not sure what you mean

By each mipmap do you mean edit out the adveritsement on all 5 of the bmps that contain the stop n shop? If so ok, but what do I do to resize it , and repack it? Sorry : ( I am so lost. Learning though at least I got the bmps out lol.

i've thought of posting this a few times, but i'd never read anyone else complain about it so i thought it was just me, but yeah it is real tough to find the ball when you have a lefty at the plate and a lefty on the mound, at least now i know i'm not crazy and the only person who noticed this.

Well I almost figured this out ... all I need is to know how many of the bmp files I need to edit ... theres about 5 with the stop n shop logo all of differing quality

Do I need to black out the advertisement in each individual bmp? Then repack it? I think I got the repacking thing learned now, has something to do with running NFSHtool with that index.fsh I believe. I just don't know what bmp files to edit .. just one or all? I guess I ll just try but I am kinda lost to be honest.

You have to edit the first one, the one with the -4a on the end. Then save it, resize 50% and save it as the -3a and then resize that one 50% and save it as -2 and so on until you get to the -0a. Then double click the index.fsh file and it will repack your cram32. Use gfxpak to repack your cram32 into the .big file and then replace it in your data/stadium directory. If you run into problems feel free to send me a PM...

You aren't the only one who mentioned this so rest assured it will be fixed in my Fenway update this season.

I almost got it sorry to keep posting guys, but I can't figure out how to resize it by 50% lol ... I don't have any good imaging programs (Lview expired!)

I am trying to use EA graphics editor to resize but no luck so far, I am pretty noob as you can tell lol.

Appreciate all this help though : ) Least I am learning some!

Archived