Hitting Batters ...

Dan21tn

I know you can hit a batter with a designated key, but thats not much fun because it always hits him straight in the back/shoulder area . Theres alot of cool animations for hitting a batter but Ive never really been able to do it on command with the pitch meter since like mvp 03 or 04. It's so hard in 05, sometimes rarely it'll happen by mistake when I pitch and i ll slug a guy in the knees (which looks awesome lol)

Question is , have any of you figured out how to intentionally hit a batter by using the pitch meter? I tried all the way to the top and bottom and eveyrwhere in between and its never near the batter, this sounds kooky but its real fun to slug arod in the face etc. The intentional hit batter thing kinda sucks like I said , always hits in the same back/shoulder area which is no fun ! Gotta go for them knees or head lol ; )

Anyway to much typing as usual from me, if anyone has figured out how to aim a pitch at a batter let me know, I can't seem to hit them by my own accord at all.

Yea I've only noticed I have unintentionally beaned a batter with sliders or very hard breaking pitches like arroyo's slurve.

I think EA took away like 95% of the ability to manuelly peg batters on specific locations. It's all good though this game is still fun

But you all must admit .... it'd be alot funner if it was like 04 , in the sense that you could take a 100mph fastball and hit someone in the head. LoL this is totally sadistic and mean but its just a video game.

Option A) hitting Arod in the face with the unit's fastball --- for us sox fans (or curt's fast ball would work to!! muaha)

Option B) hitting ramirez in the knee cap with riveras fast ball (w.e works)

Sorry just bored ; ) Oh man I miss hitting arod in the head!

Any tips on hitting the head area? Like where on the slider do you put your marker at ? I can't seem to get anywhere near the head unlike mvp 03 - 04 where it was really easy to hit wherever u wanted on the batter lol.

Well if I wanna dot someone on the dome, a pitcher with a sweeping curve seems to work well for me. Just like the slider, you gotta time it just right, by aiming it far in and releasing very early/ late depending on the pitcher/batter placements and blamo... Bonds is limping to first after taking one off the kisser.

Although be careful, because I kept beaning Barry Bonds and sure enough they took him out of the game after his thrid AB. It was a season ending injury I caused. Oopsie.

Hitting people is very easy on the xbox for me. If I'm a righty and a righty is up to bat... Throw a fastball, and let go of the pitch really early, and it beans him in the head. Just remember... If you release it early, the ball goes further in the opposite direction of the pitch, while if you release it late, it goes further than you want it to. That is how you can K CPU batters. Seeing as they don't swing at 'guided' balls.. You set the marker in the corner, and depending on the pitch release it late or early and it misses the zone yet they still swing more often than if you aim outside and hit it perfectly.

Archived