about to upgrade video card but...

rickel2

now im not so sure.

currently have mx 440 card in combination with 3d analyzer. game works smoothly for me now. could be prettier i guess.

so upgrading to an evga geforce fx 5500 card on a great deal at newegg. i just dont want to mess up what ive got now with the game.

is stuttering a big problem with the fx 5500? how much improvement will i see grapically when i go to the 5500?

thanks,

richard

I have the 5500, Ill take a screenshot for you and post it. Basically, I think it looks great.

EDIT: Here's the screens. I play on 1024x768x32, every detail on high. The game used to stutter horribly, no matter what I did. But I read in a thread that turning your AA and AF settings to around 4x would make the images look better. It made them look 100x better, and almost completely eliminated stuttering.

Nvidia geforce fx 5500 user here. It's a good card for what I paid for it off ebay. Definitely not a high end card, somewhere in the mids I guess. As far as MVP goes, after patching 05 the suttering problem went away, but they did return with the 06 mod. That was corrected however with another release from the great modders here. No problems since, runs smoothly maxed up on high res with no lag or sutters.

I'm not a hardcore gamer, but the majority of stuff I do try works well enough with the fx 5500 and some tweaking. I'd recommend it for the casual gamer, but if you game a lot and have the means to do better, go for it. If you don't, the fx 5500 is a decent enough card.

1024x768x32.jpg

1024x768x32b.jpg

These were taken while playing at 1024x768x32 res. I'd also recommend you try a gaming hardware profile and tweak antialiasing if you do get a fx 5500 to smooth out the graphics more.

I have the 5500, Ill take a screenshot for you and post it. Basically, I think it looks great.

EDIT: Here's the screens. I play on 1024x768x32, every detail on high. The game used to stutter horribly, no matter what I did. But I read in a thread that turning your AA and AF settings to around 4x would make the images look better. It made them look 100x better, and almost completely eliminated stuttering.

Exactly. The difference between my screens and kgbaseball is the AA and AF settings. Mine, obvious by the lower quality, are off. I find 2x to work well also, but if you do go for the fx 5500, try 4x, I know I'm about to now.

hey i was running an mx 440 and it ran horribly, but recently got a really good deal on an xfx nvida 6200, and it now looks amazing. I haven't downloaded the new mod yet I am waiting on the final version in the mean time i am playing battlefield 2 which this card can also run. Just thought i would put that out there.

Kashmir, I go with the 2x because the stuttering is worse with 4x. I also noticed that your grass is the original ugly grass. Download the Grass Changer; it looks great! :)

Thanks for the heads up about the grass. The AA and AF tweaking work wonders for EASports games.

Rickel,

The file for the 06 mod that fixed stuttering for me and others is 06test2.rar posted by krawhitham. I assume you can grab it off the site with a quick search.

If u guys want a cheap card that provides good results with MVP05 and everything else i've done with it, try the nVidia 6200 TC (256MB). It's $100, and MVP works flawlessly with it, even with any mod. I play at the highest setting at 1280x1024x32 and its perfect. I'll post some screenshots. You'll be surprised how good the quality is for the cost. Though note that this card uses up a lot of system memory, but i have 2 GB of DDR-2, so I'm ok.

Archived