New guy who loves MVP baseball

ellion25

Hi, I am a BIG fan of MVP Baseball '05 and I don't feel like risking money on the Show or 2K6. Which is why I am really stoked to see that a MVP '06 mod is in production. Thing is, I am a big computer newbie too. I was wondering, if I Download this mod, how and what I do I config for it to work? Or all I do is just DL it and then install it. Also, I want to know if it would work if I just DL the game itself. I have MVP '05 for PS2, and I don't if I can find one for PC again. Thanks in advance for answering these questions and good luck with the mod.

Welcome to the site. You would have to have MVP'05 for the PC to use the download. I'm sure there are mods within the download to could be transfered to the PS2, but as far as using the whole download, you'd need the PC version.

If you just download the 06 version it won't work. You can still find the game lots of places; eBay is probably the best place. As for configuring the game, it's a piece of cake if you're not too picky. But I imagine once you get into the flow of things, you'll want to change your datafile, overlays, cyberfaces, stadiums, etc. Welcome to the site! :wtg:

If you just download the 06 version it won't work. You can still find the game lots of places; eBay is probably the best place. As for configuring the game, it's a piece of cake if you're not too picky. But I imagine once you get into the flow of things, you'll want to change your datafile, overlays, cyberfaces, stadiums, etc. Welcome to the site! :wtg:

Yeah thats the thing I am afriad of. I am not techincally savy, so if someone tells me to open this folder and what not, I'll just stare blankly to the screen. But, if I have to learn, its just a small price to pay to play an awesome game. From what I am reading the mod seems to be coming along real well and I don't want to miss out. So far everyone seems friendly in these forums, so I probably won;t have any trouble finding answers if I actually try to get the Mod. But I just want to get a feel of how hard it would be, so I can ask help from a friend who is capable of making the mod work.

Yeah thats the thing I am afriad of. I am not techincally savy, so if someone tells me to open this folder and what not, I'll just stare blankly to the screen. But, if I have to learn, its just a small price to pay to play an awesome game. From what I am reading the mod seems to be coming along real well and I don't want to miss out. So far everyone seems friendly in these forums, so I probably won;t have any trouble finding answers if I actually try to get the Mod. But I just want to get a feel of how hard it would be, so I can ask help from a friend who is capable of making the mod work.

The 06 mod is very easy to install, all you have to do is click a install button and its done. As for installing other mods, you can use Kraw's generic installer which is the easiest way, or each mod comes with a readme file which tells you how to install the mods with great intructions. Trust me, I had no clue what I was doing when I first go tthe game, but you get the hang of it quick.

ellion25,

I have still seen plenty of copies of MVP05 for the PC at the following:

* Compusa

* Best Buy

* Game Stop

If you spend the $20.00 it will be the BEST investment you could make,

on a baseball game, need I say what these guys have done make it

more than a game! I actually might buy a second version as a back up.

Like the commercial says : JUST DO IT!

Archived