Having trouble backing up a DVD

Whenever I buy a new DVD I like to back it up on a DVD-R. I have never had a problem until I bought "24 season 4". I didn't have a problem burning 5 of the discs, but on disc 3 the program I use "DVD43 and 1ClickDVD" stops at 50 percent during the decrypting. Anybody have any ideas?

i use dvdshrink seems to work good for me i had that problem with ACDC live at donnington and it would do the same thing but with dvdshrink ,i had no problems ..i use it for all of my dvd copying..give it a try might help ... 8)

i use dvdshrink seems to work good for me i had that problem with ACDC live at donnington and it would do the same thing but with dvdshrink ,i had no problems ..i use it for all of my dvd copying..give it a try might help ... 8)

Thanks for the quick response. My sister wants to borrow season 4 and I dont want to give her the original (I may never see it again :lol::lol: ) Thanks again!

I just downloaded DVD shrink, and ran into the same problem, it stops at 50%.... Its wierd because all of the other disks in this series burn fine. hmmm

I just downloaded DVD shrink, and ran into the same problem, it stops at 50%.... Its wierd because all of the other disks in this series burn fine. hmmm

sounds like your disc might be scratched. That happened to me with a DVD once. If it has a bad scratch, the process will stop. Another program to try is DVDFab, you can get it here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DVDFab_Decrypter.htm

I've ripped that particular DVD before to loan out and it worked fine, so I think it might just be something with your copy unfortunately.

sounds like your disc might be scratched. That happened to me with a DVD once. If it has a bad scratch, the process will stop. Another program to try is DVDFab, you can get it here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DVDFab_Decrypter.htm

I've ripped that particular DVD before to loan out and it worked fine, so I think it might just be something with your copy unfortunately.

Yeah, there was a TINY little scratch on the DVD. I used my DVD cleaner and now its working fine. :oops: :oops: Thanks again for your help. I am glad I spoke to you anyways because this DVD shrink is VERY fast. Thanks again.

Archived