Dynasty thoughts?? 3-29-06

steroid

Hey guys, Ive been trying and failing at my dynasties, because I try doing what I really dont normally do. I use proper major league rosters. I hate it, because I try to manipulate the system, so to speak...........lol What I mean by that, is really nothing. Just alot of gobbledeegook. Anyway, what I want to know is, would you follow a dynasty of minor and created players if it were interesting enough? If so, give me some ideas of what you might want to check out if you were following. I know I can make one interesting and entertaining, you have seen some of my brilliance............. 8):lol: Just kidding guys...........not really :lol: APR, SPIVEY, Rollie and LUAL get in to gear and give me a pointer brotha's. Let me know what each of you think, and in a couple of days I will unveil my Mariners Dynasty. Its the team I really wanted to do, but trying to be a homer, if you know what I mean. Looking forward to some quality info, dont give me anything about pics and rosters and starting 5 and the like. All that stuff will be included, and is a automatic given. Lets see if MI AMIGOS can give a little sumt'n sumt'n for the Dynasty. I love advice and it will be definitely appreciated..................Gracias, Merci, Danke and Thank you to everyone in advance.....................Jay

I started a cubs minor league dynasty, but it would have taken way to long to go from single a to the MLB level. I might go for the Tacoma AAA club. Its definitely thought provoking. As long as it stays in Seattle or there, there-abouts. Keep em coming. I think this is gonna get a little interesting. Nice ideas.

Just do whatever you want to do bro, keep it simple, and interesting. Don't try to do anything too time consuming, or you will lose interest in posting on here. As long as its interesting, and semi-realistic, I will be hooked.

Just do whatever you want to do bro, keep it simple, and interesting. Don't try to do anything too time consuming, or you will lose interest in posting on here. As long as its interesting, and semi-realistic, I will be hooked.

So basically what I have been doing, just keep it going...........lol My problem is I do a team with MLB'ers, then get antsy because I dont like the ones I have after about 2 weeks in. I dont want to trade them all away.........lol For that would make a dynasty really stupid. I think I have found out what i will try to do. I cant keep getting in to this, if Im gonna just want to do something else later. Thanks APR, good sound advice.

Steroid, know what u should add to make it better... More pics and at the beginning of the season u should put ur rotation up with pics and stuff like what u been doing. Keep it a little more interesting like APR said. And thats it. Ill keep up with the dynasty and follow...

So basically what I have been doing, just keep it going...........lol My problem is I do a team with MLB'ers, then get antsy because I dont like the ones I have after about 2 weeks in. I dont want to trade them all away.........lol For that would make a dynasty really stupid. I think I have found out what i will try to do. I cant keep getting in to this, if Im gonna just want to do something else later. Thanks APR, good sound advice.

No one says you can't make moves. We all do; look at Lual's, Spivey's, Rollies, and my dynasty and see all the moves we made! I remember during the first week of the season in my A's dynasty, I traded away half my bullpen. Although I did have a crazy GM to point the finger at in Billy Beane, most of those trades helped my team so much. Then during the season I just added to the depth of my team.

The thing about dynasty mode is that it lets you put your fingerprints all over the franchise via trades and free agency. Don't be afraid to trade, just make sure the trades are semi-realistic. And as always, keep it interesting, add a gimmick or something that we can look forward to in addition to the games.

Ok, great stuff from everyone as usual. I have a basic roster right now and I will be releasing this as soon as I feel comfortable with it and know this is the one I want to do. I Like I said before, I will have maybe a few MLB'ers on the roster if i do a Mariners Dynasty. I have an idea that might work as far as expalining how each player got where he is and how the roster was put together. That way it will be like introducing everyone to you and you can feel like your getting to know these players as well as me at the same time. Nothing fancy or overdone, just a simpe roster with decent players. I dont like heavy hitters to much.

Ok, great stuff from everyone as usual. I have a basic roster right now and I will be releasing this as soon as I feel comfortable with it and know this is the one I want to do. I Like I said before, I will have maybe a few MLB'ers on the roster if i do a Mariners Dynasty. I have an idea that might work as far as expalining how each player got where he is and how the roster was put together. That way it will be like introducing everyone to you and you can feel like your getting to know these players as well as me at the same time. Nothing fancy or overdone, just a simpe roster with decent players. I dont like heavy hitters to much.

Sounds like a good read! :D

Ok Im going to get on it right now, so by this afternoon will be the finished product. Now I just have to make up a story for each of these guys and how they got to the big show..........lol This will be time consuming, but it should be fun to do.

Archived