Classic world Series

Padres67

Just played a classic game one of the World Series between the '61 Yanks and the '65 Dodgers. Both teams finished the dynasty in first place and went through the playoffs with some scares. The Yanks struggled with the '77 Royals before winning in 7. The Dodgers had some scares with the '64 Cards. In game one of the fall classic Koufax struck out 10 Yanks but gave up a 2 run bomb to Maris and lost 3-2. Ralph Terry got the win holding the dodgers to 5 hits. Arroyo got the save. Classic game between two classic teams. By the way I'm the Yanks.Hated to beat Koufax-my favorite pitcher of all time-but '61 Yanks are my favorite team of all time.

The world series is complete and the '65 dodgers come from behind 3 games to 1 to win the series. Game 1 '61 Yanks 3 '65 dodgers 2-LP Koufax wp-Terry-Maris 2 run homer. Game 2 Dodgers 7 Yanks 2, Drysdale wp, Duren lp. Duren gives up 5 runs in close game when my wife calls me on the phone while I continue to play-losing my concentration. didnt she realize i was playing the world series. game 3-Yanks 5 dodgers3 Ford wp miller lp. Game 4 Yanks 3 Dodgers 2 terry wp Koufax lp-maris 2 run homer again. game 5 dodgers 3 yanks 2 Drysdale wp stafford lp. Game 6 Dodgers 4 yanks 1 wp Koufax lp Ford. Game 7 dodgers 3 yanks 2-Drysdale wins his 3rd series game lp Terry. Even though Koufax loses 2 games he is given the MVP over Drysdale-go figure.

Archived