Virtual Memory Setting?

Gagnon39

Why post another thread? *sigh* Oh well...

1. Click Start button, then go to Control Panel

2. Go to the System menu (icon looks like a computer and monitor)

3. In the new System properties window, click on the Advanced Tab and click on the first Settings button

If you're having trouble with that or other Windows functions, take a look-see at the Tweaking Companion.

*sigh* yes, I know I've been in that screen but there is nothing listed for Virtual Memory. Also, I tried a new video card today. I tried a Radeon X1600 PRO which should run it without question, however it still suffered from the same stuttering problems. I'm almost done trying because its just entirely too complicated. That's why I love console sports gaming. There is nothing like buying a game, putting it in system and playing it! What an ingenious idea! Thanks again to 2K Sports for taking away the best baseball game ever and replacing it with a total piece of crap.

*sigh* yes, I know I've been in that screen but there is nothing listed for Virtual Memory.

Are you sure? Really sure?

Oh, and it's also good netiquette to keep things related to your concerns to one thread. I don't know if it's actually the rule here (*shame on me for not knowing*), but I hate having to jump between threads to respond to someone's problems. 8O

• 1 month later...

Windows uses your Hard Drive as swap memory but its default configuration can cause a major loss of performance with the memory swap file getting moved around.

set virtual to 1.5 x the size of physical RAM.

so if you have say 512 multiply by 1.5 and enter that number into BOTH fields. and restart PC.

if you have 64MB of RAM multiply by 2.

I have 512 Megs RAM and have set my Virtual Memory to 4096 for both high and low and it really smoothed out my sports games on pans. I have a Radeon 9800 Pro with 128 Megs RAM and only running at 4X AGP too. 3 year old Dell Dimension 8250.

I have 512 Megs RAM and have set my Virtual Memory to 4096 for both high and low and it really smoothed out my sports games on pans. I have a Radeon 9800 Pro with 128 Megs RAM and only running at 4X AGP too. 3 year old Dell Dimension 8250.

i wouldn't recommend that setting but if it works for you go for it.

I have this game, Nascar SimRacing, and when I try to play it, I get an error that says "Insufficient disk swap space or virtual memory detected. A minimum ogf 150 MB of swap space required." I have my virtual memory set at 754. My question is how do I know how much swap space I have avaliable. And how do I get the 150 minimum. Thanks.

i would start by running task manager and see what apps you have running in the background that are eating up your resources. shut them down and then try to run the game.

you can also try lowering the resolution of your monitor. some monitor will eat up resources at higher res rates.

give those 2 things a try first then let me know.

I have a Dell Inspiron B130. 504 MB of RAM. 1.4 GHz Intel celeron Processor. 80 GB hard drive.

You did exactly what should happen when a game detects you're lacking in virtual memory, but this is odd.

I had some time to do some Google searches for you and based on looking at your computer's specs and the last post of this thread where a user with another EA game and somewhat similar computer had the same problem, it could be your Intel Integrated Graphics causing it.

Also I looked at the mininum specs for SimRacing:

MINIMUM SPECIFICATION

=====================

In the event of any problems, ensure that your PC meets the minimum specification as stated below.

Operating System Microsoft Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000 or XP Pro/Home

Processor 1 GHZ Intel Pentium III or 100% Compatible

Memory 256 Megabytes

Hard Drive 3 Gigabytes free space

CD/DVD Drive 8x

3D Accelerator DirectX 9.0c compliant 32 MB NVIDIA GeForce 2 or better, ATI Radeon 7500 or better AGP video card.

Sound Card DirectX 9.0c compliant PCI

Game Controllers DirectX 9.0c compliant

Your integrated graphics isn't supported thus meaning it isn't guaranteed that SimRacing will even work with your computer.

You could try going to the SimRacing forums at EA or here and asking there, but I have the feeling someone'll likely give a similar answer to mine :(

Archived