Players become invisible mid-game? Need help!

Mutombo

I don't know what is going this, but in the middle of the game my players will go invisible. The bat and ball are still out there, but everyone has disappeared.

Then sometimes it will reappear, but some of the players skin is colored all pink and purple and weird-like. Then later on they will disappear again.

Anyone had this issue?

I have reformatted, and updated video card drivers, and neither one has done the trick so far.

MSI GeForce 4 Ti4200

The weird thing is that it never had this problem before, then all of a sudden started doing it. I didnt install anything new that I can recall that would've triggered this.

I've tried DirectX, and that also wasnt the problem.

I don't think its the graphics card, because everything would most likely be disappearing...have you tried un-installing and re-installing the game, making sure to delete everything before you do? It might cost you a dynasty or something, but its the best place to start to go about figuring the problem out.

It might cost you a dynasty or something

I agree, try reinstalling the game and deleting anything extra you may have done. I think it would be okay to back up your dynasty save and profile saves from your my docs folder.

Once it's reinstalled you could test it in exhibition before trying to load your dynasty.

the only reason i say it might cost him a dynasty or anything else he's saved is because it could be a glitch that got saved into the game and loaded every time he loads. I think profiles, cfg files all that stuff will be ok, and definitely don't delete the dynasty until you absolutely have to.

how do other games work? do you have any problems with anything else thats graphic intensive? If your video card were a problem, then there would be lots of artifacts, flickers, messed up screens, so on and so on. You could try going backwards with drivers, because they are usually more stable than the newest ones. you could also re-install directX and see if that helps, but without actually touching your computer, its hard to find the problem.

well i had just installed a different datafile, deleted it and now i'm working okay again for another game. time for a couple more games in the next couple days, if it goes away, i'm guessing the datafile was doing something freaky to it. if not, back to the drawing board.

BTW if it does it again, I'll take a picture.

i dont think it has something to do with the game at all now.

When I exited last time after the players had disappeared, i went to open OOTP5. Some of the background colors had change to transparent. I just had text on a transparent background..... so who knows, its something triggering it somewhere.

Archived