US Open @ Winged Foot

Spivey11

Is anyone else going to be watching this? I'm watching it right now and the course looks to be in very nice condition. The fairways are very tight, the widest at about 40 yards and the primary rough can get as tall as 8 inches thick. It seems as if it's going to be a very high scoring tournament, seeing as the leader right now is only -1.

I'll be there on Sunday. Always wanted to see Winged Foot in person. This is my 3rd US Open. I went to Baltusro in 1994 (Lee Janzen), BethPage in 2002 (Tiger Woods). I usually go to Westchester CC to see the Buick, now Barclays Classic. If you have never been to a tourney its a good time, especially if you can afford or score some passes to a corporate tent. This year I got some for Fidelty, nothing beats getting off the course into the air conditioning for a little while, not to mention the free food and drink....

Woods didn't make the cut??? The first time is his career his doesn't make the cut. I can't help but think his dad's death has something to do with this.

This wasn't his first missed cut. I'm pretty sure that he's missed one in a previous tournament, but not a major...

*EDIT* - SportsCenter just said that this was his 5th missed cut in 193 PGA events. But, it's his first missed cut in a major, so I was right.

Woods didn't make the cut??? The first time is his career his doesn't make the cut. I can't help but think his dad's death has something to do with this.

While I'm sure his Dad's death had an effect, I think not playing competitively for about 2 months and a course that is extremely challenging even for pro's had just as much impact, if not more.

Really a bummer about Tiger not making the cut. After what he'd been through personally I think perhaps he should've opted out of this one. Easier said than done, I guess, but I don't think his game was anywhere close to being ready to tackle Winged Foot this year.

I'll be there on Sunday. Always wanted to see Winged Foot in person. This is my 3rd US Open. I went to Baltusro in 1994 (Lee Janzen), BethPage in 2002 (Tiger Woods). I usually go to Westchester CC to see the Buick, now Barclays Classic. If you have never been to a tourney its a good time, especially if you can afford or score some passes to a corporate tent. This year I got some for Fidelty, nothing beats getting off the course into the air conditioning for a little while, not to mention the free food and drink....

Lucky man, I find Bethpage to play similar to Winged Foot. Bethpage was kind of the turning point where the USGA went from tough to completely insane.

I saw only the last couple of holes: Mickelson just missed it at the last hole...why he attacked with a driver-he played really poor shots over the round, but at everything hole he recovered and got a good result.

Furyk, Monty and all the others just must have been under shock how the US OPEN came to an end...

Archived