completed 1961 season

Padres67

It took an average of 4 games played a day but I completed the 1961 season playong all 154 games for the N. L. season-the NL. only played 154 that year. I gave the mvp and cy young to the person who was leading at the time-and placed the teams in order of their finish record without wild card teams.

Here are the final results for the NL teams and the AL.

Dodgers 101-53 ---(my team)

Reds 91-63 10 MVP Wills .322 AVG 157 SB

Cardinals 90-64 11 Cy Young Podres 26-7 2.35 ERA

Pirates 86-68 15

Cubs 70-84 31

Giants 65-89 36

Braves 63-91 38

Phillies 49-105 52

AL

Yankees 98-64 ---

Tigers 96-66 2 MVP Mantle .288 31 HR 117 RBI's

W. Sox 95-67 3 Cy Young Terry 21-5 2.53 ERA

Orioles 90-72 8

Twins 81-81 17

R. Sox 75-87 23 Dodgers currently lead the Yanks 2-0 in the series,

Angels 73-89 25 winnig 4-2 behind Koufax and 9-7 in a slugfest

Senators 69-93 29 Drysdale winning that one.

A's 67-95 31

Indians 66-96 32

Thanks 112155,

Looks like a fairly good race you had going. Hope you enjoyed it.

Out of curiosity - How many HRs did Maris end up with?

Did your Dodgers whip the Yanks in the Series?

Did you use tywiggins Playoff Creator to structure your showdown of the 2 penant winners?

Thanks again,

Don

I greatly enjoyed it-felt like I was in 1961. I haven't installed it-I need my son's help-he is studying to be a computer engineer at University of Kansas.

Maris only got 30. Ironically Snider got 62 and Fairly got 59 for me-I had the power slider too high-you think. Just completed the World series-Podres wins game 3 2-1 over stafford. Game 4 Koufax beats Ford again 3-2-Fairly plates all 3 runs with 3 solos. Is mvp with 5 homers. I did it the old fashioned way-I kept simming until I got the correct 2 teams in the series-I need to get the installer-will be easier. Thanks again for all your hard work on this project. Am contemplating playing an AL team next-but cant decide who yet. What does the '67 season look like at this point?

'67 Rosters are underway and will likely be completed by end of June or early July. Then we will have to wait and see if anyone cares to help put an entire 1967 package together. But regardless, I will provide the Rosters at minimum along with possibly an associated models.big for any additional cyberfaces used to anyone interested in them.

'67 Rosters are fully structured and currently Pitchers are being worked on for proper pitch types. Then some global and individual tweaks will have to be done. Lot of work left actually but it goes fairly quickly when I have time to work them ---- problem is I am still enjoying my shortened *61 54 game season.

Take Care & Thanks much for the info on your exciting *61 Season + of course - Congratulations on Winning it ALL ......

Thanks-sound good on the '67-I guess I'll do the Yanks this time. Let me know how your season comes out-you think I would get a kiss from my wife for the hard work in winning it all-nada. She evidently doesnt see the the significance.

Archived