Compressing files

BoSox13

Sorry for asking such a simple question, but how exactly do you compress files? I DL'ed TotalPortraits and managed to do everything so that they were in the game, but whenever I highlight one of the imported portraits, my game crashes. Through old searches I saw that I needed to compress the files, but I have no idea how...can anybody help? Thanks

If I understand where you are correctly, it's one of the options in BIGGui, when you import the new images, they then need to be compressed...there is a column that shows the "SIZE" and then whether or not it's compressed, use CTRL and select all the ones that aren't compressed, then click on the 'COMPRESS' button.

Hm...I don't remember anything about a BIGGui...is that something that came included with the game or do I download it separately? Sorry for being so vague, I just can't think of anyway to put it that'll make it more clear...thanks for any more help you can give

Hm...I don't remember anything about a BIGGui...is that something that came included with the game or do I download it separately? Sorry for being so vague, I just can't think of anyway to put it that'll make it more clear...thanks for any more help you can give

I hope I'm leading you down the right path, I know I had to use BIGGui and 'compress' the imported files for some mod that I downloaded...I think it was some face mods...

anyways, you can get it here ---->CLICKY

When you run it, Open the file you are modding, and look for NO in the "compressed" column, highlight that file, and choose compress from the tool bar, then resave the file...make sure you back it up first incase it doesn't work.

Again, I hope this is what you are looking for, if not I appologize...

I hope I'm leading you down the right path, I know I had to use BIGGui and 'compress' the imported files for some mod that I downloaded...I think it was some face mods...

anyways, you can get it here ---->CLICKY

When you run it, Open the file you are modding, and look for NO in the "compressed" column, highlight that file, and choose compress from the tool bar, then resave the file...make sure you back it up first incase it doesn't work.

Again, I hope this is what you are looking for, if not I appologize...

Your help's very much appreciated, I just DL'ed the BIGGui but that doesn't seem to functioning properly...I see what all you're talking about though, but the program just won't open my files...I'll tinker around with it until it works, thanks again for the help

Archived