1992 Replay Roster

Davidc

I'm just about finished with the first stage of my 1992 replay roster. At this point, it's strictly for exhibition games, what with the inconvenient presence of four major league teams that didn't exist in 1992.

I'm currently looking for people to test-drive the roster. It's in one .mbe file, so you'll need MVPedit. What I really want is people who have first-hand knowledge of the teams that year (ie-old codgers like me) and hopefully, very good knowledge of a SPECIFIC team, so I can fine-tune with their input.

I'm hoping for some help with stuff like batting stances, pitcher's deliveries, etc. and anything that's obviously wrong, like the wrong skin tone, etc.

Anyhoo, if you're interested, PM me.

What a coincidence...I was working on a similar 1990 roster. I've given up on the project for now, as I'm back in school and moving and have little to no time, but I could give you a copy of what I had completed (I've completed all minor and major league teams and have accurate stances, equipment, faces, etc. for all the players). I just haven't completed tweaking player performance, but if it would help you out, send me a PM and I can email you the files. I'd love to have a shot at at least one of our rosters being finished.

Davidc, my offer to help you with the pitchers still stands (from the posts we made in pitcher's pitch selection). You never posted who you wanted, so I assumed that you found another resource. Anyway, I would be glad to help, or if all you need is description of the deliveries, the Neyer/James book does have some info on this for some of the more popular/successful pitchers (the more popular, the more detailed sources in print to draw from). If you need anybody, just post who here or in the previously mentioned forum, or email me at Bron_Y_Aur78@hotmail.com

Also, another good resource may be ESPN's website, which lists scouting reports on players (I've only found current players, but not sure if it is limited to just this) that occasionally has info on deliveries, defensive ability, and the like.

I will definitely take you up on that offer, Bron Y. Maybe we can go division for division, get the aces, #2 guys, closers, and fill in from there.

I'll follow up via e-mail. We're on vacation this week, so my time isn't exactly my own.

No Problem, send me a list of who you want whenever you have the time. I'm not sure how far along you have gotten in researching everyone, but from past experience, I would say that I would have some kind of info on at least half the pitchers you are looking for, pitch selection being the focus of info, followed by notes on delivery, action of certain pitches or whatever else they could find on the more written about pitchers. I guess the point I am trying to make is that this book was a focus on who threw what, not a scouting report, so any additional info (which is common), is just that, additional. So if you are looking for broader info on all pitchers, it might be better to go team by team, but if you feel pretty confident about pitch selection, and just want to touch up a few guys, just send me those and we will see if I can help you fill them out.

Archived