What is .rar?

Mets81

Hello everyone, i am a noob.

I am trying to update MVP05.

I went through all the Major League stadiums in the downloads section. And decided that i would download all of pirate's stadiums. They seem really nicely done.

But some, including hyman's nice new Yankee Stadium...when i download them, are not zip files with all the files needed, but instead are something labelled as .rar

What is this? how do i get the actual files? .big?

Forgive me, i am new to all of this.

it's kinda like a .zip, just another compression format pretty much, right?

exactly like .zip, but just another type of file... its a program made by rarlabs.com...

EDIT: Posted before I was able to read the previous comment.

Hello everyone, i am a noob.

What a phenominal way to start your first ever post here! :)

duckdodger is right. a .rar file is used to hold most files on this site. Almost every download comes with a .rar file with the contents inside. Downloading Winzip or Winrar is an absolute must for users here.

What a phenominal way to start your first ever post here! :)

Haha. Welcome to MVPmods!

duckdodger is right. a .rar file is used to hold most files on this site. Almost every download comes with a .rar file with the contents inside. Downloading Winzip or Winrar is an absolute must for users here.

As always, right on. If you don't have WinRar or WinZip you'll be totally lost here. It's a must have.

'

Awesome, you guys are great. Thanks for the help.

LOL hey, i speak the truth...i AM a noob. lol

But im happy to have found this site and all the cool mods. Im glad, because MVP05 is the best baseball game ever made, IMO anyway.

Thanks again

: )

Archived