County Stadium question...

davis25

Not sure if anyone can help me or not, but the County Stadium in my 61 classics has a few issues. Im not sure if its the correct stadium or not. The field is huuuuge. If a ball is hit int he gap its pretty much a triple for most guys and a inside the parker for anyone with speed. Also there is no scoreboard or grandstands out in the outfield. I was under the impression that county stadium had seats in the outfield in the 61 season. Let me know if my file is wrong or the field just looks like this. TIA

ok bit of an update here, I found Sean O's County stadium mod and downloaded it. Its for the Brewers but it will work for playing the braves of 61. I installed it, and all is great except behind the stadium in sky. It looks liek somone tried building a background of miller park on this file. Ill put up a screenshot so you all can see in a few.

Strange sky at County Stadium

Ah, a ballpark I actually know a lot about. In my life I've probably been to well over a hundred (probably 200) games there ranging from 1961 to it's demise in 2000.

It had a chain link fence in the 50's and early 60's. They put up the permanent bleachers in the early 60's and got rid of the chain link fence. That was when they built the grand stand extension. It was not until the late 70's when they expanded the upper deck all the way to the ends of the grandstand just past the foul lines. I'm looking at a big picture of it right now on the wall next to my computer.

did you see the picture I posted of it Paul? Any idea what is up with that file? Im just looking for a working version of it, that doesnt have the background all messed up!

I'll take a look at it. The background to County Stadium is something I have many pictures of - it was only a couple of miles from where I grew up. Not the most scenic setting for a ballpark - County overlooked Milwaukee's "beautiful" industrial valley, railroad yards and stock yards. If the wind was just right from the east...

Archived