Question for Overlay Modders

BombersFan12345

I have downloaded several of the overlay mods on the site, and I noticed that Trues' YES Network overlay does not display pitch type on strikes, just pitch speed. I was wondering if someone could tell me how to modify the mods I have downloaded to not only make the pitch type transparent, but also the pitch speed? My goal is a clean, "TV" look to my game (having already removed swing and baserunner pips). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not an overlay modder, I think I am working on becoming one though. Anyway, You need EA Graphincs Editor, FshEd, and a good graphics editor like photoshop or paint shop pro.

1. Open up the file "igonly.big" located in the frontend folder in your MVP data directory.

2. Extract the files "ingameov.fsh" and "pitchslc.fsh" to the desktop or somewhere where you can find them.

3. Open up the files in FshEd. Use the import button to replace any graphics you want to change.

That's basically it.

I have everything else done, now I need to know how to import my edited files back into the game. I have an overlay created that I would like to put up for download, but I don't know how to put the edited .fsh files back in the .big file. I tried the import wizard and I get an error. It says "I/O error 87"

How would you compress them with Gfxpak and how would you get the files back in the game?

From a DOS prompt navigate to the folder that has gfxpak in it

then hit gfxpak /?

you will get the command list

if u want to email me the fsh files in a zip i can try packing it for you and shooting it back

cujo31@covad.net

I will try your advice guys thanks a lot. I have a good idea and I hope everyone else thinks its a good idea as well. Fox Sports Net has changed its Overlay so now is Displays the Fox Sports Net Affiliates. Example Instead of it saying FSN Fox Sports Net its says for the Tigers FSN Detroit. I was wondering If we all sent pictures in to someone who knew what they were doing we could update the FSN Overlays so we could have all of them. Also doing other overlays of the less popular teams as well. I have pictures of Overlays from Baseball Tonight and Sportscenter that I can pass along. If you like the idea great if not that is fine please let me know by emailing or private messaging me, or responding to the message. Thanks CG

nyYanks876 do you want me to email you pictures of overlays of FSN and other teams or what? Also if you could while your doing this could you take screen shots when your making these so I can learn how to do this? Thanks CG Email me for my AIM Screen Name.

Send me any pictures and I'll see what I can do. Now for making overlays:

1. Open up eagraph. Open the file "igonly.big" located in C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2004datafrontend folder.

tutorial1.jpg

2. Click on "ingameov.fsh" then click the export button.

tut2.jpg

3. Save it to the desktop or somewhere where you can easily locate it. When it asks you to de-compress it, click Yes.

tut3.jpg

4. Repeat for pitchslc.fsh

5. Open up FshEd

6. In FshEd open either file you just extracted.

7. Click on a file in the left panel. When you find one you want to replace, click the import to button on the top panel.

8. Click "New"

9. Locate a saved image that you made that you would like to use to replace the file and click open.

10. Click Update.

11. After replacing all graphics that you want to, save the files back to somewhere where you can esily find them.

12. Compress them with gfxpak

13. Use the import wizard in eagraph to import the files back in.

I will try your advice guys thanks a lot. I have a good idea and I hope everyone else thinks its a good idea as well. Fox Sports Net has changed its Overlay so now is Displays the Fox Sports Net Affiliates. Example Instead of it saying FSN Fox Sports Net its says for the Tigers FSN Detroit. I was wondering If we all sent pictures in to someone who knew what they were doing we could update the FSN Overlays so we could have all of them. Also doing other overlays of the less popular teams as well. I have pictures of Overlays from Baseball Tonight and Sportscenter that I can pass along. If you like the idea great if not that is fine please let me know by emailing or private messaging me, or responding to the message. Thanks CG

I just now created the new overlay with the Northwest Affiliate for the Mariners and uploaded it here.. If you want a screenshot before the file is posted let me know and I can send an e-mail to you. If everybody likes it, I will create the other afffiliates and upload them here as well.

sdcorreia please email it to me. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing it. nyYanks876 , I am working on getting the pictures ready right now if you have an email address or something that I can reach let me know.

CG

CG,

I don't think it's possible to put a working diamond into the corner, so I guess we're stuck with what we got.

I will try to get a couple of more affiilates done and uploaded tonight. After that , it will be Monday before I do anymore. Going to the Mariners-Angels game on Sunday.

Archived