Crosley Field Launching Pad??

paulw

I've played about 3 or 4 full games testing out Crosley field since I've modded it and wonder if it's just a fluke or do balls fly out of here? Has anyone noticed this playing games in the original Crosley - I haven't modded anything other than general cosmetics and a few items which should actually cut down on homers such as adding the screen in right field. I'm curious about this as Don recently sent me an email regarding park effects and whether they exist or not. I want to take some time and look into this. Here's my last Crosley box (a fun game but man there were some bombs). I was the Braves :-)

Braves 6, Reds 3

As a side note I think it would be cool - especially in the Classics section -for other folks to post some of their box scores of interesting games. I'd definetly be interested in these.

• 4 weeks later...

I just downloaded the ’61 mod and then added your Crosley update after the fact (big Reds fan here). All I have to say is that I have been hitting BOMBS with Gordy Coleman and Wally Post in Crosley. If it has something to do with the stadium mod, figure out how to apply this to Coors…..the ball NEEDS to fly out of that stadium.

Funny, ever since I mentioned this to you I have played many other games and some have a lot of homers but others have none and some have just 1 or 2. It is really tough to say that Crosley is out of whack. I think a lot depends on many other factors such as pitchers, hitters, wind, sliders, datafile etc etc etc

I am totally fine with Crosley as it is. It truly is a masterpiece of yours.

I've played a few more games in Crosley and it seems o.k. to me now. I was just used to playing in stadiums like Griffith and Classic Yankee. Try getting one out to left in Griffith! I think the deepest part of Crosley was only about 390 or so. Also, those '61 Reds had some BIG bombers on them from Robinson to Post to Freese, etc..

Archived