Graphics Card Question

Goldensuitcase

Original poster,

For that price, you might be able to find much better cards on tigerdirect.com, such as a Geforce FX 5900 nu or a ATI Radeon 9800 pro. These might be closer to $200.00, but they are very good cards. Prices on the Geforces will also start going down due to the release of new Geforce 6800's.

Original poster,

For that price, you might be able to find much better cards on tigerdirect.com, such as a Geforce FX 5900 nu or a ATI Radeon 9800 pro. These might be closer to $200.00, but they are very good cards. Prices on the Geforces will also start going down due to the release of new Geforce 6800's

true tigerdirect.com is ok but they have high ship rates. newegg is the best usually but also try zipzoomfly.com (formerly googlegear.com had to change their name for obvious reasons) they are neweggs closest rivals IMO. also try techbargains.com they always list good deals at random sites.

from what i hear and read about video cards, i'd go with an ati radeon 9600 all-in-wonder. i have this card and it kicks some major ****. i barely notice the choppy play at all, even before the 2nd patch. i got it for $200 and i'd say its worth much more. you can hook up multiple monitors, tv's, it has a remote, you can watch tv on your computer, i think you can even play your ps2 or xbox with it. but if you're into nvidia thats cool too, it looks like a monster of a card. g/l

There are two sizes of dongles, If you get the Nvidia card you need to have at least one large dongle. If you get the ATI card then you need at least one smaller dongle.

Are you saying us ATI guys have smaller dongles? :?

you know another option is to go with a card that's powered by ati (i need an upgrade so i'm checking them all and i prefer ati) basically it's a vid card with all of ati's "guts" built by another company, and usually quite cheaper. and usually will accept all of ati's driver updates. for instance you can get an 256 ddr 9800 radeon built by SAPPHIRE for just a little over $200 (lot cheaper than ati's) and a Gigabyte version of the 9600 for around $150 (about $50 less than the ati boxed one) at newegg. both carry strong reviews (you can check all cust. rev. at new egg just click on the stars). just a thought. and if you're in doubt and can't find an AGP slot on your pc, or don't know what it should look like, i guess you could always call c.s. at DELL and ask. i've never dealt with them but they should be able to at LEAST tell you that.

Archived