Roster judgment calls?

cubbie14

I have recently learned how to do some of these met files...and I am currently looking at the Orioles 83 team and I noticed a bit of a problem that may have been discussed by others or touched upon already, specifically how do you cut a roster to 25?

The 83 Orioles are the perfect example: I included Tito Landrum because he basically broke the White Sox hearts by homering in the playoffs in GM.4 after 9 shut out innings were played, and yet his season contributions were miserable...so essentially to keep him I had to cut sa quality season performer like Benny Ayala (IF). I was just wondering if others have explained their methodologies when making these difficult rosters from the past..

Also, the birthdays on many of these players is incorrect in terms of date but the year is adjusted to equal the age a player would be if say a 1983 Cal Ripken was playing in 2004. I only noticed this after going to statistical websites to check on date of births.

Lastly, Do people include managers...??? In my case do I put in Earl Weaver for the 83 Orioles,....is it possible to even do that?

I have recently learned how to do some of these met files...and I am currently looking at the Orioles 83 team and I noticed a bit of a problem that may have been discussed by others or touched upon already, specifically how do you cut a roster to 25?

The 83 Orioles are the perfect example: I included Tito Landrum because he basically broke the White Sox hearts by homering in the playoffs in GM.4 after 9 shut out innings were played, and yet his season contributions were miserable...so essentially to keep him I had to cut sa quality season performer like Benny Ayala (IF). I was just wondering if others have explained their methodologies when making these difficult rosters from the past..

Also, the birthdays on many of these players is incorrect in terms of date but the year is adjusted to equal the age a player would be if say a 1983 Cal Ripken was playing in 2004. I only noticed this after going to statistical websites to check on date of births.

Lastly, Do people include managers...??? In my case do I put in Earl Weaver for the 83 Orioles,....is it possible to even do that?

ok i have made some teams. what i did was looked up that year roster online. i looked at how many games players played. in some instances you will see a guy that played in say 4 games. thats one guy i cut. sometimes though its hard to decide. lets say you're down to 26 guys and 2 guys both played in the same amount of games. what i do then is look at stats. whoever has better stats stays. as for mangers, i wanted to add them in but kept forgetting and didnt remember till i read your post. if i were you i would put the manager in too. just remember if you make a team and a player is already in mvp2004 for example eddie matthews, just put the proper swing style, face id and stuff like that. also what i did was change the bat color and pant length to match the already existing player. dont mess with the stats because they will be for that year. i also noticed birthdays are off. i was anal enough to change them for the teams i created. i think they're off by 7-13 days. for some reason it can be off by 7 or 8 days when you create one team but if you create another it will be off by 11 or 12 days, its weird. have fun! :D

Ok some questions then...

You said: just remember if you make a team and a player is already in mvp2004 for example eddie matthews, just put the proper swing style, face id and stuff like that. also what i did was change the bat color and pant length to match the already existing player. dont mess with the stats because they will be for that year.

My Question: How do I assign proper swing style and face ids? Secondly, how would I change the pant length?

Archived