Hamachi online game network.

wierdijk

We at MVP Europe are convinced that there are a lot of MVP 2005 players out there who would like to take their game online but don't know how to, or don't have the time to participate in a league. The answer to that may be right here: Join the MVP Europe network!

Right now, the network has room for 256 players, 16 of which are reserved for our current league managers. This means that 240 empty spots are waiting for anyone who wants to test his MVP prowess versus other people. In order to be able to play, download and install Hamachi HERE. Join MVP Europe by visiting our HOMEPAGE, hit "communication", then "Join us". We just need a nickname, msn address, country of residence and under "interests" state: Network. We will get in touch with you and provide you with the network name and password. Next thing you know you'll be playing online!

Note: In order to be compatible, use your prefered style of mvp (regular or the 06 mod), a recent version of Ultimate Rosters (7.5 or up), and the models.big Lite file by Big Schmooz. If you want to play with a datafile, just make sure you and your opponent are using the exact same datafile. The game will go out of sync if you do not.

For all practical purposes this online network is ideally suited for European players, however we shall not shy away from network participants from other continents. We do need to know where you are playing from, so we can look at creating small sub networks for, say, 8 members from Chittagong, Bangladesh :flux: . Reason: game lag is no fun, and more apt to occur as distance between players increases.

Wanna play? Come networking!

You're the first to join the network! My hope is many from USA, Canada and why not from other countries will join.

P.S. I sent you a mail, I didn't know you were from Canada, sorry but the MVPE league is only for europeans players (less lag you know)

Ciao

Yeah Im all joined and DLed kamachi. Dont know much else.

Finding an opponent:

In the network you joined you can see IP's and nicknames. The ones that are grey are offline, the highlighted ones are online. Rightclick on one of the highlighted nicknames, choose "chat" from the menu and find out if the guy behind the nickname wants to play.

Before a game:

In MVP, go to "Network games", then choose "host direct IP" for a home game or "Join direct IP" for an away game (you have just agreed with your opponent who gets home field). For a home game just hit "connect", for an away game type your opponent's Hamachi IP in the appropriate box, return to your Hamachi chat and connect roughly at the same time as your opponent (one of you says when to connect, say GO, then connect).

Good luck!

New network added: World MVPE 1

Anyway be free to create your own network, in our section you can post name and required password, and it should be useful if you specify your country (for USA guys State too) for better connections purpose.

• 2 months later...

Is this still going on? If so, can we sticky this? This is a GREAT way to get a whole online community to be able to play this GREAT game head to head all the time. I wanted to do something like this but didn't know how.

My League of Elite failed miserably because people never came through on their games. There were those who did, but most didn't, and to make matters worse almost no one saved their box scores or stats and I felt like I was putting too much time into something nobody else cared about.

I feel as though Leagues are destined to fail from the start because the owners always have high anticipations that wear off when they realize everything isn't going as planned. And the members seem to disappear sometimes or drop for no reason.

But with a network like Hamachi, people can just sign online whenever they feel like a game, just like EA Sports online, and hopefully there will be a bunch of people also online looking for a game. I encourage everyone to sign up for this if its still going on and I encourage everyone to get online at random times when you want a game and play!

Nothing would be more exciting than signing online on a lazy Saturday night and seeing like 25-30 people in a lobby playing head-to-head.

Even if you think you'll only play head-2-head like once a month, still sign up so that a the amount of members will increase.

So please, lets get head-2-head competition back on the level it should be!!!

And please sticky this if we can!

• 5 months later...

Archived