From the Outfield: An Angels REBOOT

SeanRobinson

For reasons partially explained in the last post of the old thread, I've decided to retry this dynasty. If it doesn't work this time around, I'll stop for a while.

The issues last time were that I was unable to import images (making for a rather boring thread), had various save/freezing issues, and generally just couldn't get things going. This time around, I think I've resolved most of those issues, which are particularly helped by updating my graphics drivers so that I can play on high detail level. I can't yet import screenies, as I have to upgrade Fraps to support jpeg files (and don't want to shell out $40 to do so--anybody know of a cheap alternative?).

So without further ado, I give you the 2007* Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim! General Manager Bill Stoneman has been busy in the offseason and is expected to make a few announcements soon.

*Using the game's 2005 schedule and beyond.

STONEMAN ANNOUNCES MAJOR CHANGES

Bill Stoneman held a brief conference today, in which he outlined the two biggest changes to befall the Angels over the course of the 2006-2007 offseason:

1. Acquisition of SP Barry Zito. The club signed the veteran lefthander and former Cy Young winner to a multiyear deal and put the final ink on the papers in early December. Zito is expected to bolster the already strong starting rotation with his dominating lefthanded presence. Zito will pitch second in the rotation, behind righthander and staff ace John Lackey.

2. Acquistion of CF Vernon Wells. In perhaps the most significant move of the offseason, the Angels acquired centerfielder Vernon Wells from Toronto for starting pitcher Ervin Santana, shortstop Erick Aybar and some small cash considerations. Wells will bat leadoff and enable 2006 CF Chone Figgins to return to utility, a role in which he excelled in 2005.

3. Although smaller changes, the Angels released 1B/CF Darin Erstad, 2B Adam Kennedy, and reliever Brendan Donnelly. Tim Salmon has retired.

With these changes, the starting lineup stands as follows (again, I have a screenie but can't upload it for aforementioned reasons):

1B--Casey Kotchman

2B--Howie Kendrick

SS--Orlando Cabrera

3B--Dallas MacPherson

RF--Vladimir Guerrero

LF--Juan Rivera

CF--Vernon Wells

C--Mike Napoli/Jose Molina

DH--Garret Anderson

Rotation: John Lackey, Barry Zito, Bartolo Colon, Jered Weaver, Kelvim Escobar

Bullpen: Kevin Gregg, Chris Bootcheck, Jason Bulger

Setup: Scot Shields

Closer: Francisco Rodriguez

Bench: Robb Quinlan, Maicer Izturis

[align=center]ANGELS EDGE RANGERS IN SEASON OPENER[/align]

NOTE: The boxscore extracter looks great, but how do I get rid of the play-by-play?

In the opening game of the 2007 season, the Angels edged out the Rangers, 3-1. John Lackey pitched an effective 7.1 innings, getting into major trouble only once, when 3B Dallas MacPherson made an error on a throw to second and bobbled the ball on the next play in the first inning.

Surprisingly, normally dominant hitter Vladimir Guerrero struggled throughout the game, swinging blindly at pitches way out of the strikezone. This was more than compensated for by Howie Kendrick, Dallas MacPherson, and Garret Andersons' strong offensive production. Manager Mike Scioscia appeared pleased by the game, stating "It looks like the pieces are really coming together so far. Hopefully we can keep things going."

In the Angels next game, newly acquired lefty Barry Zito will face off against Texas pitcher Adam Eaton.

[align=center]ANGELS EDGE RANGERS IN SEASON OPENER[/align]

NOTE: The boxscore extracter looks great, but how do I get rid of the play-by-play?

IMPORTANT NOTE: I tried putting the box-score in through an HTML copy/paste. This doesn't seem to work, as HTML isn't enabled--how do I enable HTML?

In the opening game of the 2007 season, the Angels edged out the Rangers, 3-1. John Lackey pitched an effective 7.1 innings, getting into major trouble only once, when 3B Dallas MacPherson made an error on a throw to second and bobbled the ball on the next play in the first inning.

Surprisingly, normally dominant hitter Vladimir Guerrero struggled throughout the game, swinging blindly at pitches way out of the strikezone. This was more than compensated for by Howie Kendrick, Dallas MacPherson, and Garret Andersons' strong offensive production. Manager Mike Scioscia appeared pleased by the game, stating "It looks like the pieces are really coming together so far. Hopefully we can keep things going."

In the Angels next game, newly acquired lefty Barry Zito will face off against Texas pitcher Adam Eaton.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I unfortunately never managed to figure out how to get the Extractor images up. That is, the Extractor itself works fine, but I can't figure out how to put them into a post (I've tried Paint, etc.). I also can't post images, as FRAPS won't take JPG images unless I shell out the $50 that I can't afford to spend.

So unless I can figure these issues out, I won't be continuing the dynasty, at least not here. I might create a Blogger account for it, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived