Possible Changes to these games?

Cris987

1) Teams have too HIGH payrolls. I was surprised to see this after I simmed a season. The most highly rated FA out there was JJ Davis - what happened to Nomar, and Cabrera, and Ortiz and all the others? Obviously, the payrolls for the other teams were too high that they signed everyone back. Anyway we could globally change that (maybe as a roster set?)

2) Is it possible to just remove long relievers and setup mans from the game? I have done a bit of an experiment (though the AI ruined it) by putting every reliever (except for the closer) as middle relief. Their appearances and innings pitched ballance out a bit, but the AI/CPU put some relievers back as long relief (I was simming) , that kinda ruined it.

3) Relievers at 35 stamina is too high. I feel that at around 24, there are more pitching changes (more RESONABLE) . But at the end of the year, all the staminas just booms back up. How can I change that in the progress.dat?

Thx.

1) Teams have too HIGH payrolls. I was surprised to see this after I simmed a season. The most highly rated FA out there was JJ Davis - what happened to Nomar, and Cabrera, and Ortiz and all the others? Obviously, the payrolls for the other teams were too high that they signed everyone back. Anyway we could globally change that (maybe as a roster set?)

2) Is it possible to just remove long relievers and setup mans from the game? I have done a bit of an experiment (though the AI ruined it) by putting every reliever (except for the closer) as middle relief. Their appearances and innings pitched ballance out a bit, but the AI/CPU put some relievers back as long relief (I was simming) , that kinda ruined it.

3) Relievers at 35 stamina is too high. I feel that at around 24, there are more pitching changes (more RESONABLE) . But at the end of the year, all the staminas just booms back up. How can I change that in the progress.dat?

Thx.

1, i think you're right one year i did a dynasty with the cubs and i couldn't afford about 6 players at the end of the season....and recently i simmed a season and saw that they kept all those high priced free agent players

-----------

2, it doesn't matter the cpu doesn't really use lots of relief pitchers any way, when you have MRPs instead of LRPs on your team then it evens out but cpu teams it's still the same

----

3, i don't know..

2, it doesn't matter the cpu doesn't really use lots of relief pitchers any way, when you have MRPs instead of LRPs on your team then it evens out but cpu teams it's still the same

Well you really have to take some pitches to raise their pitch count. I play at pitch speed -3 (just keepin minusing the speed at intervals of 5 everytime you start feeling comfortable hitting the current speed) and it's not hard to take pitches. Don't worry 'bout not being able to catch up with the fastball, becuz the CPU doens't throw it that much anyways.

Well you really have to take some pitches to raise their pitch count. I play at pitch speed -3 (just keepin minusing the speed at intervals of 5 everytime you start feeling comfortable hitting the current speed) and it's not hard to take pitches. Don't worry 'bout not being able to catch up with the fastball, becuz the CPU doens't throw it that much anyways.

what are you talking about? lol.... i can catch up with balls on default settings

i thought we was talking about a relief pitchers roll and how much they are used...so obviously i read your first post wrong

Lol...That came outta Nowhere.

what are you talking about? lol.... i can catch up with balls on default settings

i thought we was talking about a relief pitchers roll and how much they are used...so obviously i read your first post wrong

you said the CPU doesn't use alot of relievers, but every game I have played in teh lasft few days, I have got the SP out of the game in the 6th or 7th. I was thiking that maybe you didn't take enough pitches for the SP to have a high pitchcount

Okay, with MVP2k4 editor, I edited everyteams payroll by - 8 % (basically every team only has 200-1000 pts left) . And I simmed a season. This time, I had guys like Lowe and Raffy on the FA, though still not good, it's better than nothing.

I have notice another problem though. There's not enough trades made. All the trades are on minor leaguers, and they're FRINGE ones, not even prospects. So, that kinda sux

Archived