I just bought a new PC...

tommywombat

My laptop crashed and won't keep a charge, not covered under the HP warranty. lol.

So I bought a Dell, I know they are cheap, and basically it is all that I could afford. Just wondering if I have some good specs and are they good enough to run MVP 2005, and madden 07?

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual-Core 4200+

1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs

17 inch E177FP Analog Flat Panel

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Integrated Graphics GPU

320GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache

Genuine Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, English

16x DVD+/-RW Drive

Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

I think that's all the info that would be needed.

thats about as good as it gets for a laptop without really breaking the bank and they will def run MVP baseball and Madden 2007 too but you should get a core heat reading program cuz laptops like that can sometimes run hot you might wabnt to get a colling pad if you gonna play high graphics games but yeah itll run Madden and MVP

thats about as good as it gets for a laptop without really breaking the bank and they will def run MVP baseball and Madden 2007 too but you should get a core heat reading program cuz laptops like that can sometimes run hot you might wabnt to get a colling pad if you gonna play high graphics games but yeah itll run Madden and MVP

Alright thanks. I got scared for a minute when I had to buy a new one. I bougtha desktop instead of a laptop, since it is nice to have a desktop laying around, and I never really took my laptop anywhere lol.

yeah dells are cheap and not to flashy but they are usually well made and the tech support from dell is awesome dell is a good choice fro a good budget computer with a good warranty there are computers that are a little cheaper but dell does a good job

Well I guess crashed is kind of an overstatement. But that is what it is to me.

There is a little copper piece in the laptop that is used for charging the computer, well that thing broke off. If I could get that fixed it would be sweet.

I work on desktops all day ong andwe have laptops as well. Its a high volume facility turning over about 10k units a week. We have severa HP lines and I can tellyou that all of them have cheap contacts that are replaced no matter what the laptop is sent in for. If you can solder you can buy the part from HP yourself and get that old laptop up and running in no time.

On the flip Id like to ask folks to not buy the box computers from places like Dell. You can get twice the computer generally for half the money if you know someone who can put it all together. I build rigs for all my family and friendsand only charge them 150 bucks to put it all together. I let them pick their own parts from newegg and then I put it alltogetherand tweak it. They get twice the puter more often than not leaving off all the stuff most folks will never use.

Ill guarantee everyone that you have local builders who can build you as good or better system than Dell for a lot less. The downside is your not going to get that 24 hour tech support.I do hope their tech support is better than ASUS. I worked for ASUS tech support for awhile and its horrible tech support, theway they have it set up you couldnt provde good support if you wanted to. ASUS is all about the numbers and not about the customer. I guess you can get away with that when you make the best stuff on the market in many catgories :(

The wireless card would probably run better then using a USB. But you dont need THAT good of a computer to play madden or MVP. The laptop Im using isnt a really nice laptop but its good enough. I just had to turn the video settings down a little bit to make it run smoothly.

Archived