Unhappy players in Dynasty mode

flash0788

Can't figure this out. I'm using the Braves for my Dynasty and even though Chipper Jones is an extremely durable player he's complaining about his playing time. Nothing specific, just doesn't like the amount of playing time he's getting. If I leave him in for a series or two he's still not happy and if I sit him on the bench he's not happy. Is he just whining or what? Other players complained but were more specific, like Julio Franco said I was playing him too much so I took him out as primary at 1st and put in Laroche and he's happy again. Just can't seem to figure out Jones and Giles though. Both the same complaint but nothing seems to satisfy. If I didn't need Chippers bat so much I'd trade his butt!

:banghead:

Even if you dont want to trade him, put his *** on the block anyway... That ought to really **** him off. :roll: But seriously, this game is nothing but a bunch of complainers about playing time and contracts... Not a complaint, I just laugh at them when they complain... Ignorance is bliss!!

The playing time thing can get annoying, but what's worse is when a mid-skill level player, at best, says they feel they are worth more than their contract... that's when Bob Wickman became a Milwaukee Brewer... take that Wickman!

...not like the Indians are much better, but I wasn't about to send a complaining player to a winning team.

Even if you dont want to trade him, put his *** on the block anyway... That ought to really **** him off. :roll: But seriously, this game is nothing but a bunch of complainers about playing time and contracts... Not a complaint, I just laugh at them when they complain... Ignorance is bliss!!

I know it's fun to ignore them and treat em like s.hit (specialy when they make about 3 million dollars a year more than you), but seriously in my dynasty, someone like Cabrera who is in his last year of a contract who wants triple his salary just to hit well...

well guess what,....on MVP level specialy, it does affect his gameplay tremendously. He's hitting for .204 right now, with 30 games done. and only 6 Hr's.

That's something that EA did quite well in terms of challenge.

And btw, I can't just increase his contract etc.. Remember, it's the Expos.

:D

Ouch!!! My guess is none of your other players will be speaking up anytime soon!

...you'd think so, now that would be cool if EA programmed it somehow that you could set an example of someone and everyone else got scared, but Davis Riske started complaining he wasn't getting what he was worth shortly after. I think leaving him as the Indians closer is punishment enough.

im not sure about starting off, but when you negotiate contracts it helps if the player is given the correct position during the deal. i.e if you offer a guys a contract a starter then he wont be happy relieving.

I get into that "Not playing enough" crap when I sim my Minor League games. It seems like the computer only uses the first few listed relief pitchers and like NEVER use the pitchers at the bottom of the list.

From what I have seen, relievers always think they are starters. No matter what their contracts are. Also, very good players on very mediocre teams get very angry, very quickly.. So I just trade them to the Indians, or the Padres to get them off my back. Works every time.. Although I did trade edmonds and a reliever (dont remember which) for A-Rod. That was pretty cool. With fair trades on btw.

-Card

I actually got a complaint the other way from DAvid Weathers. He said something like "I have not been pitching well, I know that I am not, Please do what you can to help me out" So I shipped him down to AAA for a few weeks, gonna bring him back up soon, to see if its any better.

Archived