Those fishy .fsh files ...

thespungo

Alright, so i'm here making portraits for the Royals and all Royals farm teams, (i found alot of missing players from the total portraits packs, they look really cool) and i suddenly realize i dont know how to create .fsh files. Some players have either a player number of 0, and some players already have a number but dont have a .fsh file in the portrait.big file.

So i heard you can use MVPEdit to put portraits in the game, but i've had alot of problems doing that. I double click on the picture, insert my alpha picture and other picture, click ok, and then it doesnt save it when that box closes. its as if nothing ever happend.

So since i hate doing portraits that way, i always do them using the import wizard in EA graphics editor; very fast and very convienient for me. But the problem with that is i dont know how to create a .fsh file. i have the fsh program and everything, so in that department, i'm ready to go.

So i was hoping all you graphics guru's could point me in the direction of another thread which may help me out, or if you have any suggestions yourself that would be even better.

I wanna get these portraits out soon!! Thanks in advance.

Alright, so i'm here making portraits for the Royals and all Royals farm teams, (i found alot of missing players from the total portraits packs, they look really cool) and i suddenly realize i dont know how to create .fsh files. Some players have either a player number of 0, and some players already have a number but dont have a .fsh file in the portrait.big file.

So i heard you can use MVPEdit to put portraits in the game, but i've had alot of problems doing that. I double click on the picture, insert my alpha picture and other picture, click ok, and then it doesnt save it when that box closes. its as if nothing ever happend.

So since i hate doing portraits that way, i always do them using the import wizard in EA graphics editor; very fast and very convienient for me. But the problem with that is i dont know how to create a .fsh file. i have the fsh program and everything, so in that department, i'm ready to go.

So i was hoping all you graphics guru's could point me in the direction of another thread which may help me out, or if you have any suggestions yourself that would be even better.

I wanna get these portraits out soon!! Thanks in advance.

Make sure you have a 24-bit bmp of the picture and a 8-bit alpha channel bmp.

No, i know how to use EA graph. But using the import wizard in EA graph does no good whatsoever when the player doesn't have a .fsh file or number to even begin with. My question is, how do i give the AA and AAA players numbers and .fsh files who dont already have one? Like, the players who have number 0. I want to give them a number, say, 6799. Then from there, i can use the import wizard to update their photos. But first i need to make their .fsh files.

No, i know how to use EA graph. But using the import wizard in EA graph does no good whatsoever when the player doesn't have a .fsh file or number to even begin with. My question is, how do i give the AA and AAA players numbers and .fsh files who dont already have one? Like, the players who have number 0. I want to give them a number, say, 6799. Then from there, i can use the import wizard to update their photos. But first i need to make their .fsh files.

There's other ways to do it, but here's one. Use MVPEdit, replace the number 0 with the desired number, and double click on the "cannot find picture" square. This will bring up a dialog, where you have to click on "new picutre" to select the 24 - bit .bmp and the "new alpha" to select the 8-bit alpha .bmp. After that, it will create the .fsh inside the portraits.big file, and you have to extract it yourself.

WARNGING: every player inside the JPUP TotalMinorPlus 2.0 has their numbers set already.

Yeah, but what i'm trying to say is that won't work. When I click on the "cannot find picture" square, it processes for a moment, then it says "searching for picture" and then it goes right back to "no picture found." So it does nothing, everytime. I thought i saw a create .fsh in MVP edit once, but i cannot find it anymore. What exactly is going on with my MVP edit?

Yeah, but what i'm trying to say is that won't work. When I click on the "cannot find picture" square, it processes for a moment, then it says "searching for picture" and then it goes right back to "no picture found." So it does nothing, everytime. I thought i saw a create .fsh in MVP edit once, but i cannot find it anymore. What exactly is going on with my MVP edit?

Take a copy of the original portraits.big from disc 2, and overwrite your current portrait.big. Make sure you back it up though, then you can switch between the 2 : one is for when you play, and the other for when you work.

Cris - I tried that and it didn't work. I dont know whats going on. You think there might be a way I can just manually create a .fsh file to place in the portrait.big myself?

Guest - I was using the total portraits packs, mixed in with some random royals portraits from other portrait packs.

• 2 weeks later...

No, i think it must be a problem with MVP edit or something else, the portrait packs dont seem to make a difference. It's just that when I try and add the 24 bit and 8 bit photos and click 'ok,' it searches for the picture, then it says 'no picture found.' I'm outta luck here, I really wanted to get my portraits in.

Is there really no other way to manually create a .fsh file for players that have the portrait ID of 000?

I'm totaly new at doing all this ,so excuse my ignorance .

Here's the way I go about adding portraits:(I know there are better and simpler ways )

I use MVPEdit ,EA graphics and Fuzz Studio(create a team)

First I export the team's .met file I'm adding portraits' to from mvp edit

(for use in fuzz studio create a team)

I have all my 24bit and 8 bit bitmaps in one folder

(I use EAgraph to find thier .fsh file # or use a nonexisting one and rename the bitmaps to thier corresponding .fsh # )

I then open up FuzzStudio's create a team >do it myself>locate MVP's edit .met file browse> for team I exported

Then Locate players bmp portrait folder>browse>..

Then I select <View Players Portraits>and assign the players I'm adding portraits to thier corresponding bitmap>apply

Then go back to options tab>Create .FSH files of player portrait bitmaps

once that's done I go into fuzzstudio folder /bin/final team

select and cut+paste the created .fsh files to my mvp/data directory

along with a copy of fuzzbatch and gfxpk I use from fuzz's classic roster set.

Then I open up EAGRAPH>portrait ,then import wizard>add the fsh files I just made >next >close out EAGraph

go back to mvp/data directory run fuzzbatch

then if I need to assign portrait numbers I do that with MVPedit

It's probaly a half *** way to do it ,but it works for me since I'm fairly clueless to the whole modding scene

hope that helps any :)

when i click on apply changes in studio, it says, you cannot change the values of the alpha. whats goin on, man? I'm so close to getting this done, i can feel it!!! Bring me home!!!

let's say I want to add a portrait for jimmy foxx,I would fiind a pic I want to use,then convert it to 24bit(128x128 pixels)

and then convert a copy of it to 8bit(greyscale)

then I'd rename the 24bit to 2119(his fish # in portraits)

and the alpha(8bit) to2119-a

Then I'd follow what I wrote in my previous post.

hope that helps

Hold the phone! So I created one .fsh file. Great! Fantastic! When i clicked 'Create fsh files of player portraits bmps' for the second time, and third time, and fourth and fifth, I got nothing!

The first time it was created it showed up in the /bin/final_team folder, and then I was able to import into the portrait.big using EA graphics editor. I liked it, it was cool.

But now it doesnt create anything. It says 'done importing .fsh into portrait.big,' but my newly created .fsh file is found neither in the portrait.big or in the folder.

What can I do!!??

Hold the phone! So I created one .fsh file. Great! Fantastic! When i clicked 'Create fsh files of player portraits bmps' for the second time, and third time, and fourth and fifth, I got nothing!

The first time it was created it showed up in the /bin/final_team folder, and then I was able to import into the portrait.big using EA graphics editor. I liked it, it was cool.

But now it doesnt create anything. It says 'done importing .fsh into portrait.big,' but my newly created .fsh file is found neither in the portrait.big or in the folder.

What can I do!!??

hmm not sure what could be wrong

Are you sure that you have 24bit 128x128 pixel and 8 bit(greyscale)128x128 pixel Bitmaps?

and that theyre both in the same folder and named properly?

(i.e. the 24 bit for example is named 9000 and 8 bit is named 9000-a)

and that theyre in sequence?

Yeah, positive. I think i'm just gonna uninstall it, then re-install it and see what happens. I really hope this problem doesnt persist ...

In the meantime, i tried to create a .fsh file in a different way but ran into some more problems. I saved a .fsh file as another number, and then using notepad and went in and changed the code to the new number (just once, i hope thats right, i didnt see the old number anywhere else) And when i started the game up it crashed to the desktop upon loading that player in the view screen. Is there a way to fix that?

In the meantime, i tried to create a .fsh file in a different way but ran into some more problems. I saved a .fsh file as another number, and then using notepad and went in and changed the code to the new number (just once, i hope thats right, i didnt see the old number anywhere else) And when i started the game up it crashed to the desktop upon loading that player in the view screen. Is there a way to fix that?

If something like that happens ,I usualy reinstall a backed-up (portrait) file :o

Archived