Free agent list corrupts my game...

chakfu

I apologize if this has been covered already...

I spent a bunch of time getting faces in the game, updating rosters for personal use based on totalminors 3, and finally got everything ready today...went to start it and the game crashes.

After experimenting with importing teams from a working file to my set, and from my set to a working file, I have realized this: if I import my fa list (227 players) into totalminors4's fa list, replacing it, the game crashes when I go to play a game, and if I import totalminors4's fa list into my roster set, my set now works again.

Is this a limit to the number of players in the fa list? mvpedit says you can have 227.

I also have noticed that when I replaced the all star teams with this years teams, now all the all star player show up on the FA list in the game as well? Anyone know how to get around this?

Guest Mindwarped

manualy delete the FA pool then export back to dat files. then reimport the roster and import your FA pool

you think that would work? cause when I tried importing the FA pool into a roster set that previously worked, it crashed it...

so if I manually deleted the FA pool now, that should convert my set into a working roster - and then reimporting the fa's should crash it again...

Guest Mindwarped

you think that would work? cause when I tried importing the FA pool into a roster set that previously worked, it crashed it...

so if I manually deleted the FA pool now, that should convert my set into a working roster - and then reimporting the fa's should crash it again...

It should you are ending up with to many players listed in the roster.dat file

but if you delete them and then export the roster they will be gone for ever

you then reimport the roster and the FA pool it should work. MVPedit has a few bugs still and if I remember correctly that is one of them

Hmm, I think I get the idea, but doesn't seem to quite work...

what is the actual limit of guys in the FA pool?

I just took my roster set and started deleting guys, when I get under 210 or so it starts working again.

Also, any idea what the deal is with the all stars showing up as FAs?

Guest Mindwarped

Hmm, I think I get the idea, but doesn't seem to quite work...

what is the actual limit of guys in the FA pool?

I just took my roster set and started deleting guys, when I get under 210 or so it starts working again.

Also, any idea what the deal is with the all stars showing up as FAs?

the limit is 255

I have come to the conclusion that the corrupted all star rosters are what cause it...

does anyone have any idea how to fix the all star rosters? Otherwise I'll have to re-import all 100 teams into a roster with working all star teams.

Or does anyone know an easier, quicker way to import teams en masse? I'm going to try cutting and pasting the whole roster except all star teams by hex editing

Guest Mindwarped

I have come to the conclusion that the corrupted all star rosters are what cause it...

does anyone have any idea how to fix the all star rosters? Otherwise I'll have to re-import all 100 teams into a roster with working all star teams.

Or does anyone know an easier, quicker way to import teams en masse? I'm going to try cutting and pasting the whole roster except all star teams by hex editing

use notepad on rosters.dat file

I'm using hex workshop...

I was able to cut and paste everyone but the all stars from my rosters into totalminors - when I checked the game, the 2003 all star teams were normal, but the 2004 all stars were all FA's.

So obviously these phantom fa's are in the body of my roster.dat outside of the all star teams somewhere.

by deleting the fa list I conclude that the free agent players are right at the end of the fa list - I tried deleting the players before this, but the phantom fa's remained and wichita wranglers players got deleted.

therefore, the phantom fa's are somewhere in the roster file, but not in the expected location at the end of the roster.dat

Is there any way to identify players in the roster.dat raw hex data? or just trial and error?

I will now try deleting chunks of players roughly one team at a time, re importing to mvpedit and seeing what teams are gone - when a team that should be deleted is still in mvpedit, that means the phantom fa's should have been deleted instead...

Archived