Strangest Season stats ...

mooseknucks

I was simming and when Barry Bonds retired, he hit 754 homeruns. I just thought that was funny.
same. Then I got an email saying he **** tested positive for steroids and had to have a growth on his *** removed half way through his final season.

In related news. Griffey actually finished a season! And only missed 11 games!

I've noticed that if you put Bonds or Palmeiro or Unit on a team like say the Yankees, and win the world series simultaneously, the player will play until they are 45, only cause they have to retire .. also another crazy stat, A-Rod came six homers away from 1,000 when he retired at age 45 ... 993, that's crazy, he averaged about 50+ homers a season, and he hit 39 in his final year

I've noticed that if you put Bonds or Palmeiro or Unit on a team like say the Yankees, and win the world series simultaneously, the player will play until they are 45, only cause they have to retire .. also another crazy stat, A-Rod came six homers away from 1,000 when he retired at age 45 ... 993, that's crazy, he averaged about 50+ homers a season, and he hit 39 in his final year

That's 7 away

looks like someone failed pre-algebra... :roll:

I've come across Eric Gagne still pitching in 2014, and he won the cy young, mvp and rolaids releif man, with 51 saves out of 51 oppurtunities, 0.00 ERA, which blew my mind and also a releiver leading 112 strikeouts over 74.2 innings ... can anyone top THAT?

Please tell me your datafile and sliders etc!!!!!

I can't, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, get pitchers more Ks than innings through simulation. Not Johnson, Gagne, not nobody. I've tried changing attributes through MVPedit, changed sliders, datafiles ... what else is there?. GAH

HOW DO YOU INCREASE SIMMED STRIKEOUTS?

Please tell me your datafile and sliders etc!!!!!

I can't, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, get pitchers more Ks than innings through simulation. Not Johnson, Gagne, not nobody. I've tried changing attributes through MVPedit, changed sliders, datafiles ... what else is there?. GAH

HOW DO YOU INCREASE SIMMED STRIKEOUTS?

USE THE SLIDERS!!!!!!!!

lower the CPU batting contact, increase Pitch Speed, etc.

I've put both contact and power at -50 and simmed an entire season and the HRs and Averages and Ks were IDENTICAL to having them all at +50 after a simmed year.

Sliders only affect player ingame play it wouldsSeem.

If you guys know otherwise please share~!

I've put both contact and power at -50 and simmed an entire season and the HRs and Averages and Ks were IDENTICAL to having them all at +50 after a simmed year.

Sliders only affect player ingame play it wouldsSeem.

If you guys know otherwise please share~!

Then the only other thing left is to just live with it......

How many K's does the league leader typically get on your seasons?

i don't use any sliders, it's always been this way for me, i've had starters, like myself in the game, created, get more strikeouts than K's ... with normal players, it's just however the progression goes ... with created players i create them like a pedro or a schilling or a unit and just impress on those stats, i've struck out 22 batters in a game on all star with a created superstar.

My league leader in strikeouts usually has MORE innings than Ks. Randy Johnson and Eric Gagne in real life both have many more Ks than innings. Same with Johan Santana and Oliver Perez etc ..

But how can your sliders affect the simulation of games while mine don't? It makes 0 sense? :?

I don't care about when I actually play ... I just mean if I simulated the entire season to be clear.

I'm going to remove my datafile and play on a different difficulty where I havn't touched the sliders to see if ANYTHING changes.

removed datafile and put it on MVP. Simulated through september 5th and Pedro led the league with 180 ks in 194 innings!! Nobody in the top 5 had more than 5-10 more ks than innings, however most had more innings than Ks, and by a mile.

Randy Johnson in real life, currently leads the league in ks with 249 in 208 innings pitched. Johan Santana is 2nd with 224 ks in 195 innings pitched.

So I simmed a second year in MVP but put user/cpu contact at +50 and user/cpu batter power at +50. All the numbers were the same before the slider change.

SLIDERS ONLY AFFECT GAMES YOU PLAY

:banghead:

hm, i simmed the ALCS between me and Texas (i'm the yankees with Vlad, Sheff, A-Rod, and Mysuka Chaduhara [57 HR's 172 RBI's, .303] and Josh Beckett, Russ Ortiz, Javy Vazquez, rookie Robert Turner in the pen) and i still lost 22-9 in game 3, just thought that was a little strange and was wondering if there were any sim sliders, or if someone was working on that?

• 4 months later...

Archived