new bat mod!

timay

thanx, that means alot, you really are a nice guy, guess you cant judge a book by its cover...but anyways...a few more bats to come tonight...maybe i can release an aluminum bat mod tonight or tommorow, and a wooden bat mod tommorow...only if i could figure out how to make a batch file for it :banghead: ....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol i would help yah out, but with this stuff, i got nothing. i'm REALLY looking forward to the Gimick Pack and the Wood bats, your work is impressive and i'll download them as soon as they're up.

ditto on the nice guy comment/judging a book by it's cover. i thought you were just another met fan that hates the yanks, but you turned out to be a decent guy. one hell of a bat maker is the added bonus. :mrgreen:

I haven't really been following this thread, but feel free to use my batch file if you want. You just have to create a bat.fsh file containing your new bats and then make sure everything is in the main MVP 2004 folder (batch file, bat.fsh, and gfxpak.exe), then execute the batch file...

Getting individual bats into the game is made difficult by the complex way that EA chose to pack the initstaz.big....that is why the batch file is so long and drawn out..you have to create a couple of folders, move things around, remove the old bat.fsh, insert the new one...blah, blah, blah....

In case any of you are not familiar with my previous mods (which can be downloaded here), here is a copy of the batch file to insert a new bat.fsh into the initstaz.big:

echo on

gfxpak -u datainitstaz.big

pause 

mkdir models

mkdir misc

cd models

mkdir textures

cd ..

cd misc

mkdir textures

cd ..

gfxpak -u initstay.big

move bat.fsh models/texturesat.fsh

gfxpak -d initstay.big models/textures/bat.fsh

gfxpak -p initstay.big models/textures/bat.fsh

gfxpak -p datainitstaz.big initstay.big

rd /S /Q models

rd /S /Q misc

del initstay.big

pause

thanks alot spittoon...i was gonna get around to asking you about using your batch file...spittoon what are your thoughts on my bats?

i think your bat set, version 4, is pretty sweet and i currently have that installed...nice job

They look good, I haven't seen any of them in a game, but they look good here. It's just too bad about the way the game reverses the lettering for lefties because the lettering and graphics are a big part of aluminum bats...

Too bad we can't crack the sound files...there was a mod for High Heat (2002 IIRC) that had aluminum bats with the correct "PING" sound...cool.

wanna hear something funny?

Last night I got my copy of NHL 2005 from Ea Sports. After installing it, an error came up that I somehow missed the day before. So I restarted and windows wouldnt load.

So I was planning to backup all my files TODAY, September 29th, 2004. Last night was the 28th and the computer crashed. So I had to reformat and I lost everything I've added since this past April.

Archived