Bug: Intro Lineup

Stotic

Ever notice that before the start of the bottom of the 1st when they introduce the visiting team's starters that it always skips the outfielders? (like it shows them, but its so short that you don't see it)

Yeah, it becomes an annoyance pretty fast. I just skip through that part now.

Someone over at highheat2004.net tried to fix it, but it looks like the problem is with the video clip that the defensive overlay is shown on. Apparently, the clip seems to be too short, and it's a hardcoded issue that most likely cannot be fixed. :(

that sucks. that's one of those little things i'd like to see fixed, just because it adds to the overall presentation, and i'd think that it wouldn't take much for the game programmers to address that in one of the patches.

It's probably a timer thing in the code that controlls how long to display it, and being in the source code itself, it's most likely something only EA can fix... programming languages usually use milliseconds for timer variables, so the programmer probably left out a 0 somewhere making it something like 300ms (0.3 sec) instead of 3000ms (3 sec).

Archived