David v.s. Goliath of HS Baseball

MarlinsMS_35

Referring to my post on another site (Posted April 1st)

I have a possible joke in progress now. Let me just give you the background.....

My school hosts a national baseball tournament called the National Grand Slam. One of the teams is a correctional facility, and they need 1 guard for every 4 players. Supposedly, the team dropped out, and they're in need for one more team. I play on JV. So today in PE one of my teammates (Lets call him D) told me that we're going to play in the Grand Slam. I wanted to be happy, but I kept thinking it was a joke. This person is normally truthful, but also jokes around a lot. So then later someone else from my team walks by ®, and D says are we playing in the Grand Slam? R says yes. At the end of the class in the locker room we ask someone else (Y) and he says we're playing so and so or so and so tomorrow. So at lunch i ask teammate (M) if we're playing in the Grand Slam and he says yes. Then he goes over to talk to D. So at this point I think they're all ganging up on me for a joke. So later in the day in the hallway I see teammate (J) and he asks me if we're playing in the Grand Slam. I say I don't know but D, M, R, and J say we are. he says that M told him. So now I'm kind of starting to believe it because I'm not the only one who was shocked by this news. So when I get home I check my E-mail, phone, etc. Nothing. I want to ask my coach, but then I don't want to fall into the trap of the joke if there is one.

Now I don't think this is possible first off because we got killed so bad in our game yesterday I don't even want to share the score.

24-1

Our post-game meeting summed up in to two words was pretty much "We Suck". Second off, well we suck look at our record in my sig. We can barely beat JV teams.

I personally think that there's a major piece missing. i want to believe it because it would be awesome, but then again I don't want to fall into the trap.

Turns out it was true. We have a gamer tomorrow for the NGS. The best part though is that we get out of school very early for it because the game is during school hours. I still don't know who we play because it is pending on another game that still has to be completed. But the two teams are supposedly nothing special. But still sucky JV v.s. Varsity. Also, I might pitch seeing as we wasted most of our pitching on Monday, and i didn't pitch because i threw the Wednesday and Friday prior. if i do pitch I'll probably try to be aggressive and attack them, not pitching around them. It's a high risk, high reward thing. Risk: They bomb the ball. Reward: They hit in play, and we get outs. If I strike out a kid I will consider myself god :)

Recap:

-I play JV baseball

-We are not a good team

-Our school hosts a national tournament for varsity

-A team dropped out

-Rumor started that we might take their spot, of course on April Fools day.

-I don't believe it

-At school today the rumor seemed dead

-This afternoon I get a call from my coach that says we are playing in the tournament and gives me all the details

-I might pitch.

-Sucky JV v.s. Varsity

-Our record is 6-11-1

Archived