i'd like some help with player ratings editing

yukon2k

i've got rglass's mvp edit 0.19 and i thought by entering the player's stats in the stats section, it calculate and change the different player ratings ( contact, power, plate discipline, steal agg., chase/take/miss, fielding range, throw strength, throw accuracy, pitcher stamina, pickoff, pitcher pitch movement, etc.

i contacted rglass and he explained that the stats portion of his editor is for information purposes only and doesn't recalculate the player ratings, which is no problem. i had contacted him about what criteria or formula did he use to base the ratings and he's never got back to me, so i thought i would see if someone else had any good theories on this. if i knew that a player that has a batting average of between .285-.300, as an example, has a plate discipline of 8 and a player that has a batting average between .255-.270 has a plate discipline of 5, or something like that, i could make my own spreadsheet or cheat sheet and 'tweak' the player ratings myself.

i'd just like to know what determines these ratings, like what criteria on the batters' stats determine plate discipline, power, contact, stealing aggressivness, chase/take/miss, etc. what criteria on the pitchers' stats determine stamina, pickoff, pitch movement, etc. and what criteria on the fielders' stats determine range, throw strength, throw accuracy, etc.

any help would sure be appreciated thanks in advance

nothing determines the ratings my friend. you determine them yourself. EA might've set a standard ratio but i don't see it. you can make your own though, but stats and ratings have no relation. someone can have 99/99 power and contact and they can still have a plate discipline of 2. it's however you see fit, or how EA saw fit, and that's how it showed up in Rglass' mvpedit.

Well yukon, let me put it like this. If everyone had the forumla, what would be the need of having multiple roster makers? You have to use your own judgement. That's what makes each individual roster maker different. I love checking out all the rosters and seeing the different interpretations. If Kerm, or Rglass, or RDG or whoever is doing their update is just going to hand out their formula's to everyone, then that defeats the purpose of them putting all that work into getting something that works. Who knows, maybe you'll find something that's even better. But the point is that you have to do the work yourself. Since there is no definitive method, then it relies on your own research and intuition. Which is what will make your roster unique from any other. So that's my take on roster making.. hope I didn't sound too harsh that's just my perspective on things. Good luck with your update!

Well yukon, let me put it like this. If everyone had the forumla, what would be the need of having multiple roster makers? You have to use your own judgement. That's what makes each individual roster maker different. I love checking out all the rosters and seeing the different interpretations. If Kerm, or Rglass, or RDG or whoever is doing their update is just going to hand out their formula's to everyone, then that defeats the purpose of them putting all that work into getting something that works. Who knows, maybe you'll find something that's even better. But the point is that you have to do the work yourself. Since there is no definitive method, then it relies on your own research and intuition. Which is what will make your roster unique from any other. So that's my take on roster making.. hope I didn't sound too harsh that's just my perspective on things. Good luck with your update!

i see your point. i'm not trying to have someone do all of the work for me. i just asked a simple question. i like to use other people's rosters, but i also enjoy doing a lot of the editing myself for my own little tweaks for some players and some teams. i don't know anything about this game, other than the fact that i don't like being stuck with only playing one team's games in franchise mode instead of any scheduled league game), so i thought i would ask to see what rule of thumb, criteria, or formula determined the player ratings in the game editor itself, mvp edit, or used by the roster makers

no problem. it's just that i really liked the high heat game and, not only did i like upgrading the stats with danger z's editor each year, the stats controlled a lot of how the actual games and stats came out. there were some ratings in high heat (arm strength, stamina, speed, etc) that you had to just put whatever number you felt suited that player. i just thought there might be a method to the madness because mvp has so many more of these type of ratings than high heat did.

Archived