The Latest Mod Request #11

Mattyalou

Fella's I've enjoyed your Mod work for a few years now...I have a few mod request that maybe some others in this community may desire to enjoy this game even more.....1) is it possible to have a playoff series between two custom teams..where you could keep stats of the series and fatiuge is a factor in the pitching..not the same as seven exhibition games...with some of these classic rosters it would be nice to replay some of the playoff series of the past...for instance people in my age group can remember fondly the 1971 NL playoff series between the Pitt Pirates and the SF Giants..., the 1970 Worlds series between the Orioles and the Reds or the 1973 AL playoffs between the Orioles and the A's....however old you are , I know that you remember the big games of your youth and this game(MVP2004) can be a vehicle for enjoyment...is it possible ?........2) Batting helmets without the earflap ..to me this was the coolest part of the uniform.I hated to see them go...but with the magic of modding they can exist once again...can you imaging a Lou Brock,Willie McCovey,Pete Rose or Rod Carew with an earflap ?..I should think not!!...For Shame!......3)a few more uniform requests :1970 Angels road,...1971 Astros home and road.....1965 Indians home and road....1971 A's....home and road.....1970 White Sox Home and road ...1971White Sox home and road...1970 Cardinals road( gray with the red hats and helmets)...or 1973 Cardinals home and away...1969 Wash senators....1969 Expos..... 1961 Twins road with helmets and numbers on their backs,the last guy omitted the helmets and numbers,he did that for the 1960 Pirates road also...1971 Pirates home...1969 Padres home and road....1968 tigers home and road esp road. Thank you for time ladies and gentlemen.

Oh by the way MattyAlou - I did experiment adjusting the Schedule file used within the Dynasty area in hopes of having a 7 game series. It works for scheduling a 7 game series and maintaining stats. However, you are still allowed to control only 1 Team and the other Team uses a 5 Man rotation which totally eliminated it from providing me the capability I was hoping for. I even had the fourth game (trying to force a 3 man rotation) scheduled for weeks after the third game but the other team I didn't control still uses his fourth starter for that game anyway.

thanks for the replies...Is there any way to change the stadium that a team plays in..?..using one of the classic rosters, I made Tampa the 1969 Washington Senators...and I want put them outside in the elements...also I'd like to put the Twins and Expos outdoors too...I'll troll the past posts for some possible info...I see a Stadium feature in the FuzzStudio..but I haven't seen any directions for it's use...so far I figure you can change a stadium's name, ....I hope that the next MVP will allow you to play anygam on the schedule...seems like EA would've figured that people want that by now..they do it on the other games.

Yes but a round about way for Dynasty mode, by renaming the files in the Stadium directory does it. However, there will be a few glitches by doing this - such as players appearing to be sitting in the grass versus the dugouts at times, replays being non visible at times and pitchers warming up in weird places ..... but the physics and game play appear to be just fine.

That guy Kamasutra made some nice stadia,not to mention the nice work done the modders on the other stadiums..I mean they are really nice..and I'd like to put some of my teams in them so that they can play in them during dynasty mode..teams like Montreal, Minnesoda, and the Tampa team that I will make the Wash Seanators...the indoor models are nice..but why go half way? since I have the rosters with the old players and the uniforms..it's kinda hard not to think of Parq Jarry...The Met....and RFK.. there has to be a way...I've always like the real stuff when it comes to watching and playing sports,in Madden I've been able to take teams out of those domes and make men of them,you know, in the elements,gettin dirty..in these games there are no family issues to consider here..I'm talking about a time when the sport was the sport, a day a the game and a day at Disneyland were two different things..I can adjust.... make do until next summer..these camera angles are so nice in this game it just really reminds you of those times...I even went and changed a lot of the names of the minor leaguers to future/past players so that I could watch their progress...I want to try and play a 100 year dynasty, before the next version appears...playing periodic games througout each season..like a mini telecast schedule on a local station..since I'm relegated to just one team in dynasty mode..I'd like to play periodic national games, and the playoffs ..but hey ! my hands are tied....This game is nice though, nice enough for me to convert from the High Heat series..that was a nice one too.

Archived