2 newbie questions

RA-D

hello, I just bought MVP 2004 (took about a month to get across the pond) and, aside from my controller problems, my initial reaction was this:

1. Can I get the CPU to control baserunning for me? Having a one-track mind i find it impossible to concentrate on more than one runner at a time, I have tried, without success, in other games to master the art but this makes the game almost unplayable to me at the moment.

2. Is it really impossible to play cpu vs cpu matches. Not a feature I would use heavily but i often like using it to test out rosters, graphics and tunes?

you can probably tell I've been a long-term High Heat user!

thanks for any reply

1.) Before the start of an actual game, you'll be presented with the Gameplay options. If you scroll down you'll notice an option for "User Slides." I believe if you change that from "Manual" to "Automatic" that should make the CPU control the baserunning.

2.) No, all you have to do is wait until the game actually starts. When the first batter is coming to the plate hit the "ESC" button, and under select controllers you can change both teams to CPU and then hit resume.

ahh, thanks - i was assuming user-slides would only control whether or not a player slides into base - thanks for your time

1 side note: My gods, the presentation of this game (in-game) is absolutely stunning

Archived