Does this usually happen?

GoodyBucs

I have never played any dynasty (using Roddatta 4) before so I started an A's dynasty last night. Game one goes great, then game two the Rangers (CPU) lineup is funky. Michael Young isn't in the lineup and Eric Young is leading off playing SS.... So I quit that dynasty and tinkered with MVP Edit to make sure the lineups (from KERM) were exact and then started over. Once again the first game is fine and then the second game Mark Teixera is leading off and Michael Young is out of the lineup... I think I would enjoy playing an A's dynasty but I know I will have a hardtime overlooking gross mistakes in the batting orders by the CPU. Is this a common thing or is the CPU just buugin out with the Rangers lineup? Also are there any other dynasty quirks I should be aware of? Thanks, GoodyBucs

The CPU will "optimize" their rosters... which will lead to the rosters being inaccuarte, especially if there are any injuries. As of now, there is no way to adjust a roster other than your team in dynasty mode, but maybe some modder out there will figure out how to edit the save file with something like MVPEdit.

I thought I would just 'try' continuing even with the funky 'CPU optomized' lineups and it got even more ugly! In the 2nd inning the Rangers catcher Gerald Laird gets injured and the CPU brings in Michael Young (SS) to play catcher and leaves backup cathcer Einar Diaz on the pine. I guess I will stick to playing 3 games series....

Archived