Best Datafile?

zackotronic

For me Rod's Datafile V7 remains the one that gives the most realistic results. KSM's new V8.4 has great camera views but strikeouts seem really reduced plus runs seems very hard to come by. As far as strikeouts the default EA datafile actually produces the most realistic strikeout ratio's for me but there the stolen bases are very hard to come by and again the run productions are very low. So I have decided to stick with Rod's V7 since stolen bases are OK if you tune it down some and strikeouts are about 75% realistic. I would really like going to and staying with KSM's V8.4 because of the fantastic camera views but will opt for realism in results over that. One thing I think could be improved on Rod's V7 would be an increase in the number of double play results. Seems with his V7 too often the runner going to second takes out the fielder trying to complete the double play. Although, double plays do happen just not as frequently as you would expect due to all of these taking out of the fielder at second base.

chukj45's camera and gameplay mod works for me

http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Do...4_1.2#dldetails

use his "normal" (more or less default cam i think) with "expert" setting.

I play on "MVP" with the following slider settings...

Pitch Speed: -30

User Pitcher Fatigue: 40

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 50

User Batting Contact: -35

CPU Batting Contact: -35

User Batting Power: 25

CPU Batting Power: -30

User Bunting Ability: 50

CPU Bunting Ability: 0

User Outfielder Speed: 0

CPU Outfielder Speed: -30

User Infielder Speed: 0

CPU Infielder Speed: -15

User Baserunning Speed: 5

CPU Baserunning Speed: 0

User Throw Speed: 20

CPU Throw Speed: 0

User Throw Accuracy: 30

CPU Throw Accuracy: 0

User Runner Aggression: 15

CPU Runner Aggression: 15

Runner Injury Frequency: 0

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 0

Batter Injury Frequency: 0

Fielder Injury Frequency: 0

CPU Steal Rate: -40

User Dive Difficulty: 0

User Catch Errors: 0

CPU Catch Errors: 30

User Runner Steal Speed: 7

CPU Runner Steal Speed: -5

User Runner Steal Delay: -5

CPU Runner Steal Delay:5

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: -50

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 50

I have tried just about every datafile out there and each one has had a certain appeal but I believe these slider settings along with chukj45's datafile provide the best mvp experience. You will get plenty of foul balls and walks and i promise you will occasionally walk batters yourself as well. Remember that most of the time you want to pitch for the edge of the strike zone (this is what most real pitchers do anyway) - it will result in far more foul balls in MVP. Only pitch towards center of zone when in a jam- down in count and in danger of walking batter.

and let me emphasize using pitches that break outside of OR right on edge of zone...for example: left breaking slider against a right-handed batter...aim just left outside zone and you are likely to get a swinging strike or foul ball. basically, think like a real pitcher and you will get more realistic foul balls AND balls in MVP.

Archived