Pc: Batter's Eye

Jgigs

So, it looks like we don't get batter's eye or zone hitting with the PC version eh?

I'm actually shocked they would strip that from the PC game. I can see online and some of the other non-game features. It's not a deal breaker, but I can't believe they didn't include those features.

So, it looks like we don't get batter's eye or zone hitting with the PC version eh?

I'm actually shocked they would strip that from the PC game. I can see online and some of the other non-game features. It's not a deal breaker, but I can't believe they didn't include those features.

There are options and sliders for them, I'm not sure if the work or not.

There are options and sliders for them, I'm not sure if the work or not.

Yea, I see the setting in the sliders. However, in practice mode, it says you have to turn on the options in the control setup menu. I see no such menu.

We also can't change the hitting / pitching styles either. That doesn't bother me at all though. I love the way they set up the right stick for the pitching / hitting.

Main Menu -> Option -> Controller Settings -> hit the number 4 or if you have a gamepad, left click the left joystick button. You can change it in the middle of a game too, just under the same Options, controller settings. All the options are there, although batter's eye is worthless since it doesn't seem to get any larger the better your hitter is, or if you are on a hot streak.

Also, even if you manage to get it in the right place, it shows the ball for .01 seconds .01 seconds before you have to swing anyways, so it's really just a distraction. If you turn on zone hitting and batter's eye, and if you are trying to steal bases, that's entirely too much crap going on, timing the left control release, then making sure to stop holding down the movement for the batters eye or you will screw up where the zone hitting is. Sound confusing? It is.

I do like the zone hitting though, makes it much more challenging instead of jacking up home runs every other pitch.

Main Menu -> Option -> Controller Settings -> hit the number 4 or if you have a gamepad, left click the left joystick button. You can change it in the middle of a game too, just under the same Options, controller settings. All the options are there, although batter's eye is worthless since it doesn't seem to get any larger the better your hitter is, or if you are on a hot streak.

Also, even if you manage to get it in the right place, it shows the ball for .01 seconds .01 seconds before you have to swing anyways, so it's really just a distraction. If you turn on zone hitting and batter's eye, and if you are trying to steal bases, that's entirely too much crap going on, timing the left control release, then making sure to stop holding down the movement for the batters eye or you will screw up where the zone hitting is. Sound confusing? It is.

I do like the zone hitting though, makes it much more challenging instead of jacking up home runs every other pitch.

Re your 2nd para, depending on the Pitcher (someone like Johann) you may not have that .01 (lol), but to counter that you adjust the height of your Batter's view (make it a bit Higher) to pick up the Pitch sooner. Makes all the difference in the world. Dude is throwing straight fire!..............but he can be touched ;)

Re your 2nd para, depending on the Pitcher (someone like Johann) you may not have that .01 (lol), but to counter that you adjust the height of your Batter's view (make it a bit Higher) to pick up the Pitch sooner. Makes all the difference in the world. Dude is throwing straight fire!..............but he can be touched ;)

Great tip! I tried it out and can actually make contact using the zone hitting now.

Archived