Batting Problems

vanlent68

;) I do enjoy pitching in MLB 2k9 quite a lot, but I am constantly overmatched while batting. For me it is way too fast, I nearly always get a very late swing. Is there any way to reduce the pitch speed or is it maybe depending on total control batting, which I am using right now (sometimes it seems a bit sluggish in reacting to me pushing the right stick up)?

Anyway I tried playing on Pro difficulty and I even won one game 6:3 with the Cards against the Pirates, but just because I always swung very early without even looking at the pitch, this way getting some doubles and homers. Maybe I am just too slow ;-) or are there other people out there having the same problems picking up pitches? I would like to be able to pick pitches, work out walks etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I think this game has some real potential with this great modding community out there.

Cheers,

vanlent68

Same thing happened to me. I was swinging before the actual pitch regardless.

My problem was my wireless controller had a delay. Even moving around menus, it was a tad slow.

I used my son's wired xbox 360 controller and now I can hit by actually seeing the pitch.

I don't know if this is the case for you.

There might be a slider for this. Not sure though. To slow the pitch I mean.

There is a pitch speed slider, I forget where it is exactly off the top of my head. In previous installments I've had to tone this down a couple and it's helped greatly. It'll also help you recognize balls and strikes better. It should be somewhere under the difficulty settings. Sorry I can't be more exact right now.

Thanks for your answers. I found a slider for pitch speed myself, but only under user pitching. There is no pitch speed slider for the CPU pitching as far as I can see and I always assumed the user pitching pitch speed slider regulates the speed of my pitches while the CPU is batting or am I wrong?

Cool. Thanks again for the quick answers! I will try to fiddle around with the user pitch speed slider, becuase I think the PC version does not have a CPU pitch speed slider. Can't wait to try it out when I get home from work ;-)

I'm pretty sure that the pitch speed under the user setting is for both cpu and user. I changed mine and it seems to work for both.

I believe you are correct.

I slowed down the User pitch speed and it did appear to also have an effect on the CPU pitch speed. Otherwise I cannot explain why suddenly I am able to hit the ball.....:lol:

Archived