Franchise Progression

fear777

Started my Red Sox franchise with Schrades Sim Pc Sliders from OS.I'm from Greece so had to go with a good team although i've been playing pc baseball games from High Heat era.Biggest drawback for me is that i never played the real game.Ok,enough with complaints.

First game against the Rays,a very tight game(0-0R 1-3H for Rays)until 7th inning where i make a big mistake under pressure trying to steal the 2B after three unsuccessful tries.0-2R for Rays going to the start of 9th inning and my errors reaching to 5 already.Start of 9th inning i decide to remain calm on the bat as i was until 7th.I gain the walk i want and pressure is now onto the Rays pitcher.Ortiz coming to bat.3-0 and pitcher on trouble.I feel the time has come for a HR.Swing and HR(first for me after 15 games with this slider set)!! 2-2 now going bottom 9th with me pitching and game is now saved to play it later.

Need advice now:I already warmed a pitcher and he is ready.My current pitcher is reaching the red area in stamina but gained composure and momentum is clearly on my side.Should i make a substitute or not?

Game is a blast for me so far.Apart from occasional 1B bug(sometimes i feel it is my mistake) and occasional AI strike aggressiveness(i don't care for that so much.sliders seem to fix it in a way.i also get a decent amount of walks both sides) game is really good and has potential to be even better.Fielding now is fixed for me.i used to move my fielding player right after the cpu swing.now i leave the left stick and player moves to the ball and i just adjust his position.The truth is that MVP05 at day of initial release gave me much more frustration in terms of gameplay so i'm happy that 2k9 is far more accessible for me.Maybe you guys from the States know better because you are more familiar with the game.

I would warm up a left handed short pitcher and a right handed short pitcher for the coming batting order. The reason being is if you have to pitch against a right handed batter you don't want to bring out a left hander due to a right hander will generally see the ball better off a right handed pitcher...especially a really good hitter. So if pitching and a right handed batter is coming up, bring out a right handed pitcher and if a left handed batter is coming up, bring out a left handed pitcher...this also depends on their hitting stats.

Archived