My Fielding Problems

emdeephive

Hi, and let me thank you ahead of time for any help i may receive. Well, to be brief, is there any way to turn off "auto field"?.. I read on the forums to see if anyone else was having this problem, i found something close, but i think he was trying to turn autofield on.. I want it off off off! Not to sound negative or anything, but the autofield system is pretty poor. Now this is what is driving me crazy, i swear that when i first installed the game, there was NO autofielding at all? (it was a long day, lol), and now after starting a franchise, everything auto fields for me, and if i try to throw on my own , the player throws it like a gimp at second in the dirt, ahahh it actually looks pretty funny, but is extremely frustrating. Also, when my first baseman fields a ball, or anyone else for that matter, they always throw it to second base first, then it allows me to throw to the base i want? Why is it making me throw to second base, does it think that he is a cutoff?, even if its a grounder to 1st base?, LOL This is soo broke in soo many ways, but i still love it somehow.

My friend said that when the ball is put into play, if you dont hit any buttons the cpu will auto field for you?, it auto fields anyway =/

Being a software engineer, i thought i would be able to fix this on my own, by finding a config file with an "auto_field 1" or something, but i couldn't find anything like that in any config anywhere. Anyways just trying to show you i put forth an effort to solve this on my own and searched allmighty google to no avail.

So, can i turn auto field off, and if so then how? Thank You. :D

The "auto field" appears to be only a second or two, just enough time usually for you to take control. The whole thing is gimpy if you ask me. Usually I have major problems wtih balls hit to the outfield where you have to move in a diagnal direction. When the computer lets me take over, the player either stops for a half a second, or they do that stupid football cut move which costs even more than a half second, and then they stop running and do the jog thing. This has caused many easy flys or singles to be triples. The only time I have not seen the auto field taking over right away is on balls hit to the 3rd basemen, but usually I am expecting it to field, so I dont move in time and an easy grounder goes into the OF. I would love either all autofielding or none, not this strange hybrid they have.

Archived