Double Switch

JohnnyReb42k

Anyone figure out how to execute a double switch correctly? I have tried but the guy you called in to pinch hit can't be moved over to another position and the pitcher put in the new spot. It wants to make you pull somone off the bench.

Also, anyone else figured out how to call in new pitcher at the start of the inning without using your mound visit?

Anyone figure out how to execute a double switch correctly? I have tried but the guy you called in to pinch hit can't be moved over to another position and the pitcher put in the new spot. It wants to make you pull somone off the bench.

Also, anyone else figured out how to call in new pitcher at the start of the inning without using your mound visit?

While on the mound, pull down on D-pad. Takes you to your lineup. Goto the screen with you pitchers, sub in your reliever.

what about double switch? i cant put in a pinch hitter for the pitcher and then have that guy play the field when i bring in a new pitcher. it makes me sub in the pitcher for my player who is on the mound and i can't move him anywhere else defensively. at least not that i have discovered.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been able to perform a double-switch using the in-game double-switch menu option, but I have figured out one way to work around it.

If you pinch-hit for the pitcher, when you take the field that PH will be on the mound. When you bring up the lineup, click on the pinch hitter (who is on the mound) and swap positions with the fielder you want to replace. That fielder will move to the mound, then you can swap in the new pitcher in his spot.

I was wondering why they would have the option to keep the PH on the mound. Guess that is how 2k9 does the double switch in a twisted way, but it also doesn't force you to make the Double Switch decision right away but you can wait until you are ready for defense.

Archived